Z-Board and the Cheesy Clip

Cabin fever's setting in bad so I decided to go out to the garage, and take a look at my gear for the upcoming season. I took one of my new Big Daddy Z-Boards out of the package, and thought the plug style clip they have on the front didn't look very robust.:no: I modified them a little according to how the BC2 guys did on there off-shore boards. I took the red release, and put it on the front, and then put a swivel snap on the back. Seems like it should work better. Can't wait to find out. Come on Spring!:thumb:

Cant go wrong with the Offshore realeaseas. If i remember correctly jayd runs his with the medium offshore on the front and the red offshore on the rear. I do know this, they worked great when i was out on his boat. Too bad the fish didnt pull em back more that day! Still had fun though.

I am in Wisconsin so we will see when my big daddys get to me. Ordered Thursday. The stocking dealers are almost one hour from me. Not really any price difference and I could get them unrigged. I had one on braided line that I lost last summer. I am going to try the offshore OR18 snapper Release on the back. Offshore med release on the front. I might have to put some mono between leadcore and Braided line for grip.

I fish out of milwaukee and I write my name and phone number on the boards and of the two I lost last year, both were returned.

When are you going to start fishing this year Adam?

I use the Walleye boards and havent lost any yet, but have Name Ph# and address on them

I am in Wisconsin so we will see when my big daddys get to me. Ordered Thursday. The stocking dealers are almost one hour from me. Not really any price difference and I could get them unrigged. I had one on braided line that I lost last summer. I am going to try the offshore OR18 snapper Release on the back. Offshore med release on the front. I might have to put some mono between leadcore and Braided line for grip.

Just a suggestion, but rather than shell out $12.00, or so for an OR-18 you could use a snap swivel on the back like the one you use for connecting your lures. They're strong, relatively inexpensive, and like most of us we already have a few extras in our tackle boxes. The red Offshore release is nice for the front of the board since it has the pin to keep the board attached, and the Z-boards already come with one! I was going to put the OR-18's on mine, but didn't like the little plastic pin on the release that seems like it would break easily. Not to mention the additional cost to an already expensive board.

I fish out of milwaukee and I write my name and phone number on the boards and of the two I lost last year, both were returned.

I did that on my walleye boards too. Planning on doing the same for my "Z's".

I wanted to set the boards up so the back would not release and the front would. I do not use the pin in back I clamp the line tight. I fish by myself enough and find the big lever release easier by myself then the red clips. When I have a big salmon on anyways. I use the red clips on my offshores with tattle flags for walleye fishing. Those I set up not to release at all. I should mark all my boards but does not always happen. I fish out of Port Washington wis allot.

I wanted to set the boards up so the back would not release and the front would. I do not use the pin in back I clamp the line tight. I fish by myself enough and find the big lever release easier by myself then the red clips. When I have a big salmon on anyways. I use the red clips on my offshores with tattle flags for walleye fishing. Those I set up not to release at all. I should mark all my boards but does not always happen. I fish out of Port Washington wis allot.

Patrick yo may want to check out the OR18's from offshore if you haven't already, lots of guys use them and like them.

or18_web2.jpg

i used a scotty release on mine. Holds very well.

Welcome to GLF Milt!

Patrick yo may want to check out the OR18's from offshore if you haven't already, lots of guys use them and like them.

or18_web2.jpg

Welcome to GLF Milt!

TIP: If you do use the OR18s always lock them down with the locking arm away from the board. They can be locked down two different ways. If you lock them towards the board they are a lot slower to unsnap and remove the board. Locking them away from the board it's a quick thumb snap to open that release. It makes me even grumpier if someone onboard locks one down the wrong way. I have thrown people overboard for lesser infractions. :lol: