Wire dipsys

jimcr

I have not seen any, but they are out there I'am sure, The way I set mine, are I back the drag off just enough to keep it digging and going out till I reach the desired number and then set the drag where I want it, and most time on the first set of the moring It's the first rod set and the first rod to fire, don't do any sharp turns when setting the dip rod :eek:.

I have heard that if you put one out into your spread wrong it will tangle all the other rods on that side.

Dose this mean Free wheeling the port high diver on the Starboard side with rough seas? ;):D:P

I now use Permanent marker to mark each dive where they go.

Has anyone seen any videos on how to properly deploy wire dipsys.

I have heard that if you put one out into your spread wrong it will tangle all the other rods on that side.

I think it has more to do with "where" you put the line rather than "how" you deploy the rig. Obviously if you just let the dipsey freespool on back it will tangle itself up just like a mono or braided dipsey will, this has already been covered in this thread.

I've seen where guys get into trouble when they set the dipsey on a 3 setting and let it back 200' and engage the reel. At a high setting the dipsey is going to pull off to the side, especially on thin wire. If you are running cores or Cu fairly tight to the boat, in all likelyhood the wire is going to cut across and into these lines causing a huge mess. The wire diver won't "ride over" a 300' Copper line like a 10 color rig will. For this reason, my wires are always inside of my long lines with a lot of seperation between them. If you have a wire on a #1 back 200' it dives at a much steeper angle than the 300' copper will. If there isn't good horizontal seperation, they can and probably will tangle on turns which cause the copper to stall and fall into the wires path. You have to watch out too if you are running long leads fairly shallow on your corner rigger. In this case I let the dipsey out the side so it doesn't have to cross my rigger lines at all. You really have to picture things in 3D when running different types of rigs.