Boltman's Looking at New Boat..480

Boltman

Well we're KNOT one's to sit at the dock, so I cannot let this boat intimidate me, and not use it like a 32 footer. When we're at the marina's like Elk Rapids, we use our boat all the time and actually got the Award for the season "People who actually get out and use their boat Award" I know it sounds weird, but Damn Why wouldn't you want to get out and enjoy the water, views and weather, if not just only to go across the bay anchor in the swimming water and swim... This boat drafts 48 inches,so we're still good to go swimming, We work too damn hard NOT to get out and enjoy Life and what life has to offer. I truely do not understand sitting at the dock all day and drinking Beer... sorry Guys Not a beer Drinker but I still don't understand sitting at the dock when the water has so much to offer.....

Amen to that! Life's too short not to enjoy all it has to offer. Especially on the water. Fish On!

When it costs $400 to go out for the day it's tough to do that on a regular basis. I would like to get a bigger boat with a 12' beam, but then I would probably have to turn the fishing into a paying proposition like a charter captain.

Marina gas is almost $1.00 more per gallon than on-shore so filling up a BIG boat would be out of the question. It hurts like heck to fill my 28 footer up with twin 60 gallon tanks. OUCH!

When I was in the Coast Guard back in the 70's a group of us spent a weekend on a 54ft Hatteras we cruised chased girls and fished for 3 days it was a blast. Thank god we did not have to pay for the fuel because it took 1800 gals of diesel to fill it back up on Sun afternoon. Granted we had the Gen running the entire time with the A/C on and were in 24/7 party mode. To be honest I don't even remember if we caught a fish we did however catch several limits of college girls since we were there during spring break. I think my base pay back then was around 180 a month. But cigs were .25 a pack gas was around 35 cents and you could get a case of beer for 2 bucks on sale. I think our most productive troll was getting close to the beach and telling the girls to swim for it if they wanted to party LOL.