Hello from amcon

My name is arron

After fishing out of south haven last summer on a friends boat i got the itch and bought a 21 ft bayliner trophy hard top fixer upper.I've been working on the boat all fall and winter and its just about ready.Now the itch is a full blown rash and I cant wait to get on the water for the first time.I am signed up for the Keating seminar in mason and have learned a ton from all your question and answer posts.

Looking forward to meeting some of you at the events,seminars or on the water.

Welcome Aaron! I have the twin brother to your boat. Mine is a 86 but only has the 4 cylinder, she goes, but does not set speed records. A bigger motor is the only thing I would change on my boat. Good Luck, this is a GREAT site with great guys.

Welcome Aaron! I have the twin brother to your boat. Mine is a 86 but only has the 4 cylinder, she goes, but does not set speed records. A bigger motor is the only thing I would change on my boat. Good Luck, this is a GREAT site with great guys.

Thanks for the welcome

Mine is an 86 with a volvo 4 cylinder also, I havent gotten to troll with mine yet so I was wondering if you use a kicker motor or a drift bag or if it trolls down fine as is.

I saw two other trophys that were identical to ours in gull lake marines parking lot this fall,they must be good everyones got one.:D

If that system is tuned right and the previous owner didn't change out the pro it should trool down to 1.5 1.6 as is. My dads friend in ludington had one of the exact same rigs same motor with oem prop and could troll for lakers no problem without doing anything. Unlike my dads boat that we had to have a beaver troll on to stop the cannon balls from skipping.

Thanks for the welcome

Mine is an 86 with a volvo 4 cylinder also, I havent gotten to troll with mine yet so I was wondering if you use a kicker motor or a drift bag or if it trolls down fine as is.

I saw two other trophys that were identical to ours in gull lake marines parking lot this fall,they must be good everyones got one.:D

One of those was my boat! The origanal name with the boat is "Snag Hag" it came out of bay city. It does troll down no problem, it is a little tough to get between 2.4 and 3 but I am going to use a drift bag this year, then prob attach my kicker this fall. I will tell you, my dad and I put mine to the wave test this past november, we tried to fish prior to a gail warning and the lake became REALLY rough. 6-7 foot waves. Even though they were coming over the bow and rushing over the hard top, we never once felt unsafe. I just bought auto pilot for mine and cant wait to uncover and install.