copper setups with blood run tackle

this is going to draw lots of varying responses....

My Blood Run setups consist of Okuma Convector 55's, Ugly Stick 7' rods and 40 pound mono backing. The reels are great workhorse reels, stand up to the abuse of charter fishing without breaking the bank. I prefer the shorter 7 foot rods for taking off boards and storage purposes. I use mono because of the stretch factor, and honestly, i don't really like braid line. I may actually drop down to 30 pound this season for added capacity.

i'm not saying this how to do it, just my preference

I do the power pro then mono then copper deal. Mainly for the line capacity on the 32# copper. That way I can get a good amount of backer on a 45cv. I do run the 45# on 55cv with 450 and a 300ft lengths with the braid and mono also. I cross my fingers I don't get the dreaded power pro spool dig but have been fortunate so far. Either way the blood run copper is awesome and you'll be happy

I also have 6 rods set up with Blood Run ,I use the same backing as ive used on core for years. Witch is 50 braid ,I have Rip Cord now becouse I found it supper cheap in the bargin cave ,to that I have a 30 ft peace of 30lb mono and then the copper, also my 250 and 300ft lengths are on cv55 and the 200s are on 45s.

These are also on 7 ft okuma rods.

First off, good choice on the 32#.

I have 350' of 32# on penn 330 gti's along with 1000' of 50 pound braid.

My 45 convectors have 225', but would hold 250'. I also have 2 Diawa 57lc's that hold 250'

With 1000' you could set up 2-300' and 2-200' rigs. This would get you down 60' and 40'. Put a J plug on in mid summer to gain depth.

Edited by Nailer

I also have 6 rods set up with Blood Run ,I use the same backing as ive used on core for years. Witch is 50 braid ,I have Rip Cord now becouse I found it supper cheap in the bargin cave ,to that I have a 30 ft peace of 30lb mono and then the copper, also my 250 and 300ft lengths are on cv55 and the 200s are on 45s.

These are also on 7 ft okuma rods.

How long is your backer on your copper riggs? Are you using the Okuma Copper rods, I think they are around $40?

I would suggest you look at the Okuma Clarion reels for copper. They have a higher retrieve ratio to get that long line in fast. I don't have any copper yet but plan on adding some this year and will be using those reels.

I would suggest you look at the Okuma Clarion reels for copper. They have a higher retrieve ratio to get that long line in fast. I don't have any copper yet but plan on adding some this year and will be using those reels.

If you already have the cv55s you can get the 6.2:1 gears for it from tunas for $15 also the widemouth line guide for$5.

How long is your backer on your copper riggs? Are you using the Okuma Copper rods, I think they are around $40?

They are on the old style Okuma lead core rods that you can buy for around 20 buck,the 300 is a little much for them but do's the job.