Vandy Park 1/8-1/9

Fished the Bay off Vandy Park. Walked out about a mile and sat down in 4 FOW. Fished in the afternoon and till about an hour after dark both days. Saturday there were a lot of small perch in there and they kept getting spooked by either bass or pike that were swimming with them. Ended up just catching 2 perch and that was it.

Sunday went out in the same area and maybe saw 15 perch on the camera all day. Did see one really big walleye swim by but he wasn't a taker either. The fished moved somewhere, just not sure where they went.

Talked to people on shore both Saturday and Sunday and no one did worth a darn. One group of five guys fished all day and caught one perch. Between myself and the other two guys with me we tried about everything. Sunday we even set tipups for pike.

Another buddy of mine went out of Qsee and sat in about 7 FOW right outside of the channel and claims to have seen salmon swim by his camera. Don't have proof of that, just what I was told.

I use the AquaView XL, I've had it for about three years and love it. I have thought about upgrading to a color monitor but don't know how advantegeous it would be in turbid water or in dark conditions. If anyone has any thoughts I would like to know what you think.

Fished the Bay off Vandy Park. Walked out about a mile and sat down in 4 FOW. Fished in the afternoon and till about an hour after dark both days. Saturday there were a lot of small perch in there and they kept getting spooked by either bass or pike that were swimming with them. Ended up just catching 2 perch and that was it.

Sunday went out in the same area and maybe saw 15 perch on the camera all day. Did see one really big walleye swim by but he wasn't a taker either. The fished moved somewhere, just not sure where they went.

Talked to people on shore both Saturday and Sunday and no one did worth a darn. One group of five guys fished all day and caught one perch. Between myself and the other two guys with me we tried about everything. Sunday we even set tipups for pike.

Another buddy of mine went out of Qsee and sat in about 7 FOW right outside of the channel and claims to have seen salmon swim by his camera. Don't have proof of that, just what I was told.

Great report. Fishing seems to be tough all over the bay right now. Wouldnt be suprised if he seen a salmon...someone caught one outta Lindies last winter. Pretty good one too. I see them in the Kawkawlin River some years and thats definitely not a known salmon river!!!

There was alotta lakers in there last year My dad also caught a 8 lb steelhead out a little farther last year and I haveheard of guys pulling steelhead near that area last spring and fall. I aint saying it wasnt a salmon though anything is possible I would like to see a couple more salmon all them shad on the west side are huge I seen some as big as 12 inches it would take a salmon to eat those.