The tip up flags were flying nonstop both Saturday and Sunday. I put an 8 pound steelhead on the ice on Saturday and several brown trout which were 14 to 18 inches. All of the brown trout were released. Went back on Sunday and caught a 3 pound, 7pound and a 12 pound steelhead and several more smaller brown trout.

So far 8 for the year. Unfortunately I can only fish on the weekends. A couple of more days and I will be back on the ice again. Just cannot wait to get back out there. Like I have mentioned in previous posts there is nothing like catching a big steelhead on a tip up.

Mike, Never issue any challenges to a red neck yooper. :lol:

It is best to ice troll on Lake Michigan in the early spring. You find a pressure crack about a foot wide. You take your spud or auger and break the surface ice it is usually paper thin. Then bait the hook with a wiggler and set the depth about a foot above the bottom. Slowly walk along the pressure crack pulling your pole. It works awesome for trout and whitefish.

It is best to ice troll on Lake Michigan in the early spring. You find a pressure crack about a foot wide. You take your spud or auger and break the surface ice it is usually paper thin. Then bait the hook with a wiggler and set the depth about a foot above the bottom. Slowly walk along the pressure crack pulling your pole. It works awesome for trout and whitefish.

A 4 wheeler with a downrigger on the back would be good in that application. :D