Brad's cut plug

I purchased 2 of these last year to try,first time out started fishing at 8 in the morning Not much going so I started trolling for the channel it was about 11 oclock (First one went on rigger) landed that and then the other went on the other rigger. So you guested it I went and purchsed some more. So far not sure what to think,I keep one in the water all the time.most times 6 rods out. The one thing to remember you won't catch any with these if they are in your tackle box. Only been fishing 5 years so still learning,just felt like adding my 2 cents . I am adding wire dipseys this year plan on trying them on there .

• 3 weeks later...

I could not find it via the search option...

How does everyone rig there cut plugs??

I was going to rig a few each way and see what turns out the best.

I know someone posted a picture of how they rigged them a while back that was differnt then what was put int he videos.

Dave

Worked well for us last year at grand haven we put tuna in them they caught lakers close to bottom and kings when used on wire diver i liked the 11" pro troll white blade crush glow inlay the best colors of the cut plug were black/silver, blue dolphin, and the green dolphin another thing we caught fish in the mud with them so there pretty versatile

• 1 month later...

I picked up 5 of these yesterday and am going to give it a shot. I have a buddy that ran them last year behind divers. He said he used the teasers off a cut bait rig in front of the plug and it seemed to catch more fish. He used tuna as well. I am going to give it a honest try. I think they will work.

They have been working for me, just as much as any other flasher fly.

What I have noticed is you need to run at least 2 in your set up and you will get more hits.

I normally run one on a diver with a flasher and then another one clean on a rigger.

Silver and black cut plug w/ a gator flasher has been good.

• 2 weeks later...

My Dad told me many years ago, there are lures that catch fish and there are lures that catch the fisherman. So me being not as smart as my Dad I bought 2 Friday, thinking this is money not well spent.

Headed out of Manitowoc Saturday afternoon. Fogot the tuna and a can opener, pick them up on the way. I now have more money in a can opener then the cut baits, oops! I only ran one wonder bread cutbait behind a large silver flasher and 20 foot behind the ball. In short order we boated 2 king 11 and 10 pounds, and one other came unbuttoned. Left the other cutbait in the boat, refer back to the not as smart part.

I am a now a believer! Next I will run at least 2 in the spread. :thumb: Dad would approve!

My question ... has anyone targeted walleyes with these??? and what do you fill them with???

2011 total

3 trips

--------

12 hos

3 kings

2 bows

0 browns

0 lakers