Reel repair question - Penn 49 Super Mariner

I have a Penn 49 Super Mariner that I want to keep using since I like the reel and it was given to me by a good friend. I know nothing about repairing reels, and all of mine are now starting to have problems. The Penn reels I have all work fine when they are in my hands because there is either 0% drag or 100% drag, nothing inbetween. However when they are in another persons hands lines start breaking.

How can I fix this reel so it has a useable drag again? I know this is an old reel, anybody have an age? It works great for wire/copper setup lake trout fishing in superior. Fast retrieve and holds lots of line. I am looking for locations to send the reel, parts to buy, instructions to fix it, anything you know. Thanks.

I have an old Penn 49 on my fireplace mantle. It's a garage sale find. I like the scenery that is molded into the side plates. It's still spooled with some heavy old faded pink line that is probably Ande. Mine has some corrosion and looks like it was used in salt water. If you need some parts I have seen these on ebay. I also have an older Penn 9 that I bought at the same time. I use the 9 but probably will retire it and put it next to it's BIG Brother.:)