Adam Bomb or anyone else get out?

Just wondering if anyone got out over the weekend. Our sweet spot had 50 ducks in it on Wednesday when we scouted it and went back Thursday and there were 4:mad: And yes I counted them all there were actually 47 but close enough lol. So that spot got ruined and we didn't plan on hunting but I got a last minute call from my buddy last night for the invite out this morning.

Ended up going to a piece of state land on the river and ended up with 2 hens and 1 drake. Shot a lot, missed some, and had a ton of fun which is all I care about. Had some issues with my buddies dog that ruined a few groups of birds but that's hunting. It was sure nice to get out there again, haven't been out in awhile!!

No, i didnt make it out. Everything pretty much locked up over here with the exception of the hot ponds and portions of the bay accessible only by airboat. Havent seen any geese in weeks or ducks. Coulda hunted the hot ponds, but didnt want to get in that mess of guys.Thered definitely be some birds there. Have read allot of reports and the boys in Southern Michigan put the hurts on em. LOTS of great mallard shoots, a few geese. Some guys pounded on the divers too. Lots of Cans, Reds and Bills.....Oh so jealous. I got in a care wreck and my vehicles totaled, so it didnt matter anyhow. Couldnt have got down state if i wanted to.

Nice job by the way. Had to be nice to have some whistling wings around again. Sounds like a fun hunt to be sure...I cant wait for October.

No, i didnt make it out. Everything pretty much locked up over here with the exception of the hot ponds and portions of the bay accessible only by airboat. Havent seen any geese in weeks or ducks. Coulda hunted the hot ponds, but didnt want to get in that mess of guys.Thered definitely be some birds there. Have read allot of reports and the boys in Southern Michigan put the hurts on em. LOTS of great mallard shoots, a few geese. Some guys pounded on the divers too. Lots of Cans, Reds and Bills.....Oh so jealous. I got in a care wreck and my vehicles totaled, so it didnt matter anyhow. Couldnt have got down state if i wanted to.

Nice job by the way. Had to be nice to have some whistling wings around again. Sounds like a fun hunt to be sure...I cant wait for October.

Thats a bummer! Yeah this was the first time hunting here and I like it...a lot! Its a flooded river pond with creeks flowing too it and the mallards liked moving in there later in the day. At about 11 we went up to the trucks to warm up and from the trucks watched a group land in the dekes:rolleyes: Seems like that's always the case! I, too, am ready for October!

That sounds like a great spot. Wish we had more creeks locally that were huntable this time of year. A friend in SW Michigan had a similar spot and did well both days.

Funny they waited till you got to the truck. They sure know how to time it. Same with geese...Slow morning, just get the truck in the field and start pickin up dekes. Wont be long and youll hear a honk with birds overhead.:rolleyes::lol: