best super line for divers

propman

Six walleye rods with 20# Stealth, four with Triple Fish. The Triple Fish seems to frey more, but still no breaks or anything negative. Two 30# Stealth Braid diver rods for salmon, no problems with three years use.

I am so glad this thread was started. I would really like to use wire line but will settle with braided line this summer. I was looking at power pro line today and it is only sold in 150 yards at Wallmart. Do you guys use more than 150 yards or do you always use a mono backer? Should I use 20lb or 30lb? What knot do you use to tie the two lines together? Also do you use pro line from the diver to the spoon or do you use something else? Thanks for the help.

I am so glad this thread was started. I would really like to use wire line but will settle with braided line this summer. I was looking at power pro line today and it is only sold in 150 yards at Wallmart. Do you guys use more than 150 yards or do you always use a mono backer? Should I use 20lb or 30lb? What knot do you use to tie the two lines together? Also do you use pro line from the diver to the spoon or do you use something else? Thanks for the help.

450' is not really enough. The last time I bought braid, I got a bulk spool of Rip Cord from Cabela's. It comes in 1000 yard spools. That's enough to do two diver rods, and a few core backers.

600' min on the diver rod. I would go with no less than 30#. 40# would be better. When a big girl hits and snaps the line, your out $40+-.

We switched all 4 of our diver rods to wire last year. I really like the way wire cuts through the water.

Use a Albright Knot to tie Mono to Braid. Wrap the braid, not the mono.

albrightR9.jpg

I use Cabela's Ripcord. It works great and is cheaper than PP. You can buy it in 1000 yd spools. When I bought it I did 2 reels with backer, my friend did 2 reels with backer, and I still had some left. I use the same knot that Ken shows. I like 500-600' of braid over the backer. 30# is fine, just be wary when the fleas show up the braid can be a pain.