Has any used the hub style ice fishing shelters?

My buddy and I used his frabil last weekend. It wasn't very windy but we had a hard time anchoring it. The anchors kept pulling out. dont get me wrong it was probably O.E (operator error). It set up fast but I still like my pull over better.

Rick, beleive it or not last year I was at Dunmans sports store and bought a hub style hunting blind and tried it on the Bay, its Ok if its calm but if it windy you better have your running shoe's on, as for anchors you would be wise to have a cordless drill, I just tied mine off to the snowmobile, I bought it to try it with hard water fishing but I'll stay with my CLAM,

I used the Hub for a hunting.

Rick, I have the Clam base camp thermal and its real nice but you do have to fasten it down and fasten and tie the side in the wind, it only takes a minute with a small battery drill. The thermal is heavier so it does't get as noisy in the wind. It also stays flat to the ice pretty good and doesn't need as much heat.

Hank

I heard good things from a guy about the Kill Zone. He said when your setting up the first wall your supposed to anchor it in high winds. Also, supposed to have the corner into the wind when setting up....IDK...im still a flip over shack fellow.

I am not a big fan of the hub style shacks. The zippers break easily. Always set it up with the door closed. They are difficult to set up by yourself in the wind. The anchors do not hold well, be prepared to shovel alot of snow around the edges. Be careful taking them down. Often I have opened the shack to find it twisted around itself. No idea how this happens, but it takes a while to figure out what went wrong. The windows on most I have seen are too high to look out of while seated.

The good things about them are: inexpensive, alot of room inside, easy to carry.

Well I got one from cabelas and I am going to try it today.I got it for $154. It is the 6x6.I tried the ice anchors and I didn't think there were much of a problem. The only thing I would worry about them was when it got a little warm in the spring or just the sun on them. I think they might melt into the ice or out of it. We will just have to see. I needed the extra room.

Rick, beleive it or not last year I was at Dunmans sports store and bought a hub style hunting blind and tried it on the Bay, its Ok if its calm but if it windy you better have your running shoe's on, as for anchors you would be wise to have a cordless drill, I just tied mine off to the snowmobile, I bought it to try it with hard water fishing but I'll stay with my CLAM,

I used the Hub for a hunting.

I have the same deal. it is one of those primos popup blinds and its roomy but wind is a problem. So what I did was cut a piece of ply wood the dimensions of the blind and where the stakes go threw the gromits in the corners used some bungie tie downs so I could quickly strap it down or take it off of the board. I out four six inch round holes in each corner and myself and my son can fish in it comfortabley. if you want you could just lag bolt it to the ply wood and build some skis on it. I just did it that way so the plywood can sit on top of my jet sled