Christmas shopping for myself

Finally got all my Christmas shopping done for the kids so I thought I'd splurge a little on myself. What the heck right even dad's need some "toys" for Christmas. Anyway, I just got back from The Outdoorsman in Jenison with some sweet Bert's stuff. A couple rod holders with tracking. I put a door in the shrink-wrap on my boat so I can check on it every now and then during the winter so I hopped in and was visualizing where the new stuff was going. Really got me anxious for Spring.:thumb: Also adding another downrigger this year. The wife doesn't know about that yet though.:eek:

LOL....I did that myself. Got a new GPS, Lakemaster Chip for it, RAM mount, case, 12 volt cords for quad..... a new digital camera, extra battery, case, extra SDHC cards....Tough to pass up the good deals on things you want while your out shopping for others.

LOL....I did that myself. Got a new GPS, Lakemaster Chip for it, RAM mount, case, 12 volt cords for quad..... a new digital camera, extra battery, case, extra SDHC cards....Tough to pass up the good deals on things you want while your out shopping for others.

Nice! I hear ya. Those rod holders were calling my name!:lol:

There are a lot of good buys on all kinds of toys. I'll be picking up some gear right after the holidays when the mobs clear out of the stores.:) A guy can never have too many toys.:)

Priority1 needs some TLC also. She will get new trailer bearings and seals, new starboard wiper motor, repair the helm seat, possibly new curtains, and what ever else I see that needs fixing or updating.

I picked up a couple reels but the real spending will start in about three weeks in detroit. I hope franks has the selection like the last couple years as i need a few new walleye reels and a bunch of new walleye rods.

Oh, im sure they will. They are without a doubt one of the top, if not the top walleye oriented stores in the state. They have it all....Hurts the pocket book to live 10 miles away though!!!:thumb:

Oh, im sure they will. They are without a doubt one of the top, if not the top walleye oriented stores in the state. They have it all....Hurts the pocket book to live 10 miles away though!!!:thumb:

Adam, I'm about 40 miles away and it hurts just as hard.:lol: You are right on about Frank's. Their store is well organized and the prices are very competitive.

I did a little online Christmas shopping for myself as well. I ordered 4 new walleye trolling blanks for 2011 R&D aboard the Eyefull. I also ordered a couple of American Tackle 9' one piece Viper blanks to be used for my new wireline rods. With all the parts and pieces involved, Tony did pretty well this Christmas. Will probably snag a pair of Saltist reels to hold the wire, but will have to get creative when that time comes around. Also stocking up on Reef Runners, picking up a couple every trip to town:rolleyes:. Doesn't seem to hurt so much picking up a couple at a time, by spring, I'll have a pile of them and the boss isn't any wiser. Merry Christmas to everyone from Eyefull Custom Rods!

Adam, Whats the scoop on the eye's out of linwood lately? Been kinda quit over there for reports and I know there is Ice :thumb:.

And have Happy HO HO and a Merry new year

Oh Ya.

I just told the wife today that I bought a new Clam Ice fishing two man shanty so she could go with me :eek: after she asked me what I was doing out in the shed, She took that pretty well :cool: and then old me she bought a new sewing machine,:thumb: and she wasn't going on the hard water, and she didn't care if it floats,:D.

She said that making a blanket to warm up with when I got home was what she was doing, :grin:

She is always on it, boy I'am lucky to have her:thumb::thumb:

The best way to make sure you get at least one present you really want..... go out and buy it yourself. It's fun playing Santa! Enjoy the new toys!! Come on Spring !!!!!!!

While my wife always has good intentions I've learned that the best present she can give me is "permission". I tell her some things I want and get a card or two giving permission to get it. That way I get exactly what I want instead of what she thinks I might like better.:D

I did a little online Christmas shopping for myself as well. I ordered 4 new walleye trolling blanks for 2011 R&D aboard the Eyefull. I also ordered a couple of American Tackle 9' one piece Viper blanks to be used for my new wireline rods. With all the parts and pieces involved, Tony did pretty well this Christmas. Will probably snag a pair of Saltist reels to hold the wire, but will have to get creative when that time comes around. Also stocking up on Reef Runners, picking up a couple every trip to town:rolleyes:. Doesn't seem to hurt so much picking up a couple at a time, by spring, I'll have a pile of them and the boss isn't any wiser. Merry Christmas to everyone from Eyefull Custom Rods!

Merry Christmas Tony. You're taking unfair advantage of us PO BOYS running all that custom stuff.:lol: