Hi there, from "Team Smells Like...Fish!"

Hello everyone!

Just finally got signed up here and look forward to contributing when it will help. I have the best fishing buddy in the world, My Wife! We enjoy fishing for everything that swims and there have been many occasions that she has twisted my arm to get out for the day. We live in Fife Lake MI. and fish the Grand Traverse Bays, Leland and Frankfort.

I really appreciate the high standard of conduct you folks abide by on this fourm. I hope we can add to the wealth of info available here.

Merry Christmas! (or Happy Holidays if Christmas is not your thing)

Mike & Cynthia

IMG_1123.jpg

ok where do you get your salmon from on the grand traverse bay.. and when, We're in Elk Rapids for most of the summer and there aren't any fish up there until late september... talk to me..

Boltman,

I know West Bay better than East Bay. A good friend of mine fishes EB and swears by the break from 90-150 ft N and S along the peninsula. We have never fished as far N as ER but it's on the list for this summer.We start getting fish in the first to second week of August and East Bay was better this past summer. The access ramps leave a little to be desired on EB that's why we wanted to try Elk Rapids.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I must admit we were on the GLA site as cmcmjk. I found out about this site from Tangled Tackle in Manistee a few weeks ago and have been reading to see if it was worth joining another forum. It seems like the kind of place we will enjoy.

The tree has it's own story. We brought it in the house and were sitting at the table eating dinner. There were two spoons (still in the packages) from a recent shopping trip and I jokingly said i was going to hang them on the tree. Next thing I knew Cynthia wanted the spoon box and started hanging them up! It wound up being very cool and even glows in the dark!

Maybe we should start a thread to see how many of the spoons can be identified!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I must admit we were on the GLA site as cmcmjk. I found out about this site from Tangled Tackle in Manistee a few weeks ago and have been reading to see if it was worth joining another forum. It seems like the kind of place we will enjoy.

The tree has it's own story. We brought it in the house and were sitting at the table eating dinner. There were two spoons (still in the packages) from a recent shopping trip and I jokingly said i was going to hang them on the tree. Next thing I knew Cynthia wanted the spoon box and started hanging them up! It wound up being very cool and even glows in the dark!

Maybe we should start a thread to see how many of the spoons can be identified!

When it's time for the tree to come down, check and sharpen all the hooks. That will give you a head start on Spring Ice Out. Merry Christmas