Dreamweaver "Meatless" Rigs...gimmick????

So meat rigs are mentioned here and there and my understanding is that they are basically a rig consisting of 2 to 3 teasers and then a trailing cut herring rig. I want to avoid using meat and saw that Dreamweaver makes a meatless rig. Basically the teasers and then a trailing fly.

My thought was to make 1 or 2 of these type rigs for fishing deep off an 11" flasher during the mid-day hours, searching for those deep kings.

So what's your thoughts????

I think I'll give it a try regardless but I'm curious to see if you guys think the extra attracting of a small "group" of flies behind a flasher is worth it or not.

Thanks all.

Not this past season, cause i didnt fish that much, but the year before i did really well on my own meatless teaser version. Ran them behind an 11" Fish Catcher or a 10" SD. Had a smoking bite on them 100-160' down. White blades/glow tape and either green or blue glow flies. Id have to check, but i think my whole rig was 48" from tip of loop to bend in hook.

Iv been runnin long leads like this with out the teasers for 2 years with great success. I have 11 inch paddles and 10 inch spin docs with 52 inch leaders. Down deep there one of my go twos. low divers and rigger did the damage.

I concure...Did well on these with long leads on the wire as well with mag dipseys.

• 2 weeks later...