Tug Boat sunk in Bay Ag Cut

yeah Adam I read this earlier today and thought what a travesty. Shame, and the effects it could have. Good news is, they are sending a crane to get it out of there. The curious part of that is, how does it take 3 days to get a crane over there? Seems like somebody in this situation, especially if a business, would be in a hurry to clean up the mess.

Right, i dont know the details on the crane arrangement, but it seems as though thats awhile to get one there. Of course, im sure it takes a mighty crane to raise a boat under ice....Like i said, i dont know the details of all involved, so its not my place to pass judgment.Im sure theyre workign as fast as possible to get it outta there. Hopefully its effects not substantial. This state and other regions have certainly had its fill of oil entering our waterways this year.

Not a good scene. It will take a decent size crane but there a a lot of them in this area. The vessel like anything is more buoyant in the water. When they get her to the surface they will likely start pumping the water out. They may even add Air bags to make it more buoyant.

in my business we deal with heavy lift cranes a lot and sometimes its more about break down and put up as these are to large to just drive to the site..they need to be broke down and reasembled on site..so they may have dispatched one immediatly but takes 3 days by time they are rigging..

Not only is the crane a issue but what is the crane going to sit on and how do you get it to the location? This is at a dock my bet is they will have to bring the crane on a barge. They don't move fast I read about a truck going thru the ice on a lake in 30ft of water and the bill to remove it was close to 100 grand that number could have included fines and permits I don't know all that but still is not a easy job nor a cheap one.

It looks like the tug was moored to the wall. The picture and video shows sheet piling along this cut. It looked like a crane or possibly two cranes could set up close on the bank. This time of year makes everything a little tougher. It will be big bucks for sure to raise and repair or scrap that tub.:)