Free Fishing Swap Meet 2/5/2011

Treblemaker

Well finally worked out the last of the details so it's official now.

When: Superbowl Saturday! February 5, 2011 from 10 am to 1 pm. No Early Birds Please!

Where: Homefront Church, just off 196 near the Rivertown Crossings Mall at 6265 8th Ave SW Grandville, MI 49418

The Saturday before Superbowl XLV is the date for this years swap meet so mark your calendars.

We are having a swap meet for anyone that would like to sell, swap, and buy excess fishing gear on Saturday, February 5, 2011 from 10 am to 1 pm. We are thinking that the theme be related to items for fishing but also are considering that it be open to sporting goods in general. No flea market crap, just good used gear that one no longer needs or use.

Sellers contact me prior to the event to reserve a table. Donation will be $10 per table. Sellers are welcome to share or split tables. If there are left over tables we will offer them up for donation only basis for those who would like to sell, and cannot reserve, afford, or do not need a full table.

Set up will happen between 9 and 10 am. If I could get a few volunteers to show up early to move some tables and chairs. We will need to move some chairs first, set up the tables, then set up our items. Volunteers please contact me, and will get to pick the best locations. We will need a crew available at the end to put the tables away and put the chairs back as we found them. Many hands will make this an easy job.

Buyers can stop by from 10-1pm. This will be a free event for buyers, donations gladly accepted. Bring cash and change if possible to make it easier on the sellers who will have limited abilities to make change throughout the day.

Early birds can get in before 10am only with a $ 5 donation, after 10am admittance is free.

The Youth Ministry will be on hand to sell coffee and snacks too. Rumor has it pulled pork sandwiches, cole slaw, and chips will be available for lunch. Please support them with their fund raiser.

Location has been set at Homefront Church, just off 196 near the Rivertown Crossings Mall. The address is 6265 8th Ave SW Grandville, MI 49418. We will have full run of the place with plenty of tables, chairs, and room to spread out in this facility. Here is a google map to the location, please DO NOT call the facility directly since this is a private event, contact myself with any questions or issues.

They have added 25 additional parking spaces this fall so there should be no parking issues this year.

http://www.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr=&daddr=6265+8th+Ave+SW+Grandville,+ MI+49418&oi=manybox&ct=10&cd=1&resnum=1

There is shopping and plenty of great restaurants nearby, so bring the family out for a day of fun, fishing, and good friends.

Lastly, please let me know who can make it so we can have enough tables available, and have an idea on how many buyers to expect. My e-mail address is

Hope to see you there!

Tim

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bump, only 3 weeks and just a couple tables left for sellers.

For those who have never been here please show up around 8:30 am to set up. Pull up in line to unload, I will have carts and helpers to keep things moving at the door. Once done unloading please pull forward and park so the next can unload. I'll be there at 8am. By 9am-9:30 the place will be bustling with buyers already. Free admittance after 10am, $5 for early birds and believe me they come early. The first couple hours are madness, make sure you are ready for them.

Sold out!

There are no more tables available. Going to be a full house, come on out there will be a ton of great lakes equipment. Rods, reels, lures, line, ice fishing, hunting....

Donuts and muffins will be available, Sloppy joe plates with chips and a drink will be served starting at 11am.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

So with only a week to go how many of you are bringing things to sell.

I will be there with Fishsniffer and I think Nailer , we will have Blood Run copper in 32 and 45lb, wire and I think florocarbon.

Also I will have a lot of stuff of my own for sale at a good price ,here is a list of some of the things Ive got for now.

1. 8 Chirch walleye boards with new realeses and some new foam ,price $15 a board or $100 for all
  2. About 150 spoons give or take 20 or 30 , all brands
  3. About 25 j-plugs some new $2 for use and $3 for new
  4. A penn 209 with 50 ft of Blood Run copper $30
  5. A few icefishing rod
  6. And what ever I find , there will be more ,just need to do a little more sorting

Well Im hopeing not to bring any of this home so bring some green and "LETS MAKE A DEAL"!:thumb:

It looks like I will be at the church at 7:30 am now to turn the furnace on, get some coffee started, and start setting up.

Going to have a ton of great stuff for sale, come on out. Looks like the blizzard is coming early this week as well, glad it is not Friday or Saturday so it can be cleaned up before hand.

We will have coffee and muffins available in the am, and sloppy joe plates and chips for lunch with water or pop.

So with only a week to go how many of you are bringing things to sell.

I will be there with Fishsniffer and I think Nailer , we will have Blood Run copper in 32 and 45lb, wire and I think florocarbon.

Also I will have a lot of stuff of my own for sale at a good price ,here is a list of some of the things Ive got for now.

1. 8 Chirch walleye boards with new realeses and some new foam ,price $15 a board or $100 for all
  2. About 150 spoons give or take 20 or 30 , all brands
  3. About 25 j-plugs some new $2 for use and $3 for new
  4. A penn 209 with 50 ft of Blood Run copper $30
  5. A few icefishing rod
  6. And what ever I find , there will be more ,just need to do a little more sorting

Well Im hopeing not to bring any of this home so bring some green and "LETS MAKE A DEAL"!:thumb:

i may have a few things if terry leaves me any room on the table:D

I sent Wild At Heart 8 Dozen Rigged Brand New Flies ($3.50 each with special price for 6 or 12), A bag of unrigged Flies ($1.25 Each Brand New), A Bunch of 25 Packs of Matzuo Hooks that are on closeout (these are Great Hooks) and I think 6 Packs of 6 different colors of 8mm Glow Beads in a box(Over 300 Beads for $10.00). I am sponsoring Wild At Hearts fishing team this year so he offered to put my stuff on the table with his stuff. I hope you guys have a great time and find lot of great stuff, and of course buy all of my stuff! :)