I usually fish the east side, going out of Quanicasee or Thomas Rd. I haven't heard any reports on ice on that side. I was perch fishing three weeks ago in 7 fow off Quanicasee and did pretty good. I plan on posting a report early next week, if you get out will you also post a report. I would rather go out on the east side.

Ryan, as posted couple hr's ago, on another post - there is about 3in ice out to Rose Island, they are getting a few perch not real big a meal or two you'll have to sort, P.S. BE CARFULL! with todays temp's. and the south to s.w. wind may not be to good, I think I'am going to wait till next weekend should be a lot better.

Never made it out this weekend, Saturday morning I had a buddy call me and told me two guys went in on the West side of the bay (only 2 FOW). I didn't even try. With all the cold weather this week I hope the quanicasee river is frozen over. If so I am going to start there for some walleye. Always done well early in the year there.

It's gonna be a little while yet. Guys are fishing the river cuts with mediochre success. The Saginaw River has no safe ice as of yet. The Shipping season doesn't end till mid January; couple that with the sunken tug Ann Marie, ice breaking operations will be in full effect for a while. Won't be long, just need some cold weather without the gale force winds.

I was up to Linwood area this afternoon. Ice as far as you can see. The first 1/2-3/4 of a mile was all busted up from the NNE wind durign the storm. Gonna be a rough ride out if it dont change. Beyond that still looks bumpy and then some BIG ice jams. Didnt see anyone fishing. Not sure on thickness as i was just on a road trip. Im sure its pretty sketchy.

Also, there were some guys fishing the edges of the river at Patterson, but thats outta the question now with that boat leaving the river.