Night fishing

1mainiac

Ok so I have been kicking around the idea of a night tourney for a couple years I still want to do it. Have not been able to make a weeknight schedule work so anyone up for Sat night thinking 5 events out of Muskegon. 30 dollar entry 20 towards best 5 fish box 10 towards biggest fish. Kinda open to names but leaning towards Midnight Maniac Challenge. Biggest issue I have is how many will fish it before I put a lot of time into it. This is not about me making any money cause I won't get a penny for doing it no membership fees just meet fish and see who wins. fish 6 till 10 weigh at 11 who's interested ?

anyone?

Problem is by the time a way in is done fish cleaned and drive home and put the boat up it will be at the earliest two in the morning and wreck sundays fishing. i dont mind fishing evenings during the week after work but the weekends i prefer the mornings as i can spend the rest of the day with my family. We are usually home after morning fishing by 1 or 2 and my wife is happy that way.

I would like to do weekday evenings but can't get enough people to agree on a time and rules to make it work. Is funny every time I mention doing it people want to do it but then can't work out a schedule that works for more than a couple of boats. Oh well I doubt I will bother to bring it up again.

When you have younger children and busy schedules (and a wife that thinks you fish to much), it's hard to commit to a set date and time. More often you just hope you can go fishing.

Trust me i know that feeling. I have a two and a half year old and it makes it tough some times.

No problem guys for the last 3 or 4 years I have brought up the idea of a night fishing league and I always get a lot of people who would like to do it but never can get enough to agree to set a date and actually do it. I can get some sponsorship for it but if I can't get boats in it why bother. So what I may do is set several dates make it a fun only meet and greet with no prizes or entry fee and just see if anyone shows up side bets would be allowed.

When you have younger children and busy schedules (and a wife that thinks you fish to much), it's hard to commit to a set date and time. More often you just hope you can go fishing.

I couldn't have said it better myself.:rolleyes:

Personally I just love to night fish it is intense when you get it right and you have all day to figure out the weather pattern and check reports. Since the big bite is at the end of daylight you can scout the area for bait fish and a good spot to be at sunset. Morning fishing is often very iffy nothing worse then rolling out of bed at 4 am on your weekend to find the wind kicked up overnight and you drove all the way to the lake to not fish or try to fish in conditions you would not have driven over for.