Tip up fishing for pike

Anyone do it in SW michigan....

Anyone do any good..

I am thinking of giving it a try. I have not done it since high school and I fished the same spot for years as I could sit in the cabin and watch the tip ups.

So I have no real experance on doing it "for real"

What lakes within a hour of holland are better then others.

Yup watch the ice, if you ever plan on fishing around Kalamazoo or Van Buren, PM me and I would be more than happy to help you out on specific locations. There are quite a few lakes around here where you can set tip ups and while waiting for them you can stay pretty busy with gills and perch or crappie.

We go out to reeds lake and get some nice sized pike on tip ups. We usually get a bunch of hammer handles but have fun, and get a few keepers. I have seen fome 35 - 40" fish come out of that lake. We also fish Put on a big shiner and let it down anout thrre feet above the weeds makes for some great pike fishing. We do more up north on a few lakes around charlevoix, cadillac and houghton/higgins lakes. Best place around here to get good sized and livley shiners is al and bobs and they are pricey there, and sometimes small for my liking. i can usually get better shiners when i am fishing up north cheaper. I want to try gun lake this year, never really fished it. I have also heard muskegon gets some big pike and want to try there.