Raymarine AP X-10 Corepack Installations

MY2SONS

Has anyone installed a Raymarine X-10 corepack on a fully hydraulic steering boat? If so, is it difficult to do? I was told by a local marina that they're quite involved, but I believe that's because they want to do the install at a hefty price. Any advice?:confused:

The only difficult part would be making the hyd lines which you should be able to have done and some you can do yourself. the install is straight forward mount the components in recommended locations connect the wiring and hyd lines bleed the pump to remove air. Personally I would do the entire install my self then pay them to verify and commission the system. A couple hundred bucks to have someone make sure it is ok and works would be money well spent and let them know that is what you want to do before you buy it if they won't do that shop somewhere else.

It seems pretty easy to do, but I don't want to over-simplify something I've never done before. I'm pretty mechanically inclined so doing it myself would be not only cheaper, but also I'd understand how it works better than if someone else did the work. Do these units come with hydraulic lines, or is it something you have to purchase additionally since there's probably a few different diameters of lines on boats depending on the manufacturer?

• 3 months later...

its a lot more than meets the eye the hoses are the easy part .its all the wire to run from pump to computer power to computer power to clutch power to seatalk to autopilot and new e 90 gps with radar it has a finder to and wire it up to seatalk its a lot more than u think get ready to read alot e 90 is 2 books auto has 5 books .have 2 days in it not done about 4 more hours so think about your time how much are you saving....

I put a X-10 core pack and ST 70 control head on out boat last spring. The boat is a 1998 Sportcraft I/B. It was a very easy install for us because of the raytheon that was on it, I didn't need to un any lines to the pump, and the pump was already attached to the steering cylinder.. My advice would be go for it. What control head are you mating with the X-10 ?

the st 70 all done just alot of wire pump to computer power clutch sea talk back bone wires 4 ts 3 spurs and a power wire for sea talk just a lot to figure out they supply you with very little had to buy alot more stuff .... doing the auto learn this weekend for the big splash killing the browns eastern lake o 5 days tick tock....

the st 70 all done just alot of wire pump to computer power clutch sea talk back bone wires 4 ts 3 spurs and a power wire for sea talk just a lot to figure out they supply you with very little had to buy alot more stuff .... doing the auto learn this weekend for the big splash killing the browns eastern lake o 5 days tick tock....

That's for the progress reports. It should come in handy when I install mine next year.