southern lake huron 2010 results

was just wondering how everone did this season personally for me i did better this year than the past 3 or 4 i only landed 3 kings all season from that are but good numbers of lake trout and steelhead along with some coho and walleye i started slow in early spring aroung sanilac and didnt do to great the first few trips then moved up to hb and did well till about july then toward end of july i started fishing sanilac again and was suprised the fishing was rather good till i got sick in fall

We had a great season out of Pt. Sanilac this season. I didn't get as early a start as I would have liked due the a head on deer accident on the first trip with the boat that put my tow vehicle out of commission for 3 weeks. Had good action on lakers, cohos, pinks, steelhead, walleye, a few browns, and even got an atlantic salmon. Only a couple trips produced 0 fish. The kings did elude us but I did get my fix of them on a couple trips to Frankfort.

Was nice to note that the sea fleas were less of a problem this season. It is nice to be able to troll a wide spread without combat like on the west side. The only problem on this side seemed to be the sailboats that liked to take dead aim and see how close they could get. I certainly look forward to next season.

It was Ok but I mist a lot spring fishin, but did P.S. once shame on me mostly H.B. and Grindstone, did good on EYES and Lake Trout, NO Browns or Kings a couple limits on Coho, and one Trip to Lake Michigan, hope to hit the water more in 2011 and more tournments, the one for 2010 was the Pro-King got nice Trout to finsh 2nd that was fun.

It is nice to hear that you are getting some salmon back even if they are cohos. I did not put a single laker in the boat this year. I even tried to get them a couple of times and could not. I was really hitting the kings good until the boat died and had to resort to surf fishing for them. Looking for a new boat now.

• 2 months later...

It was my first year for trout, so I have nothing to compare to, but I did catch a couple steelhead, a few lake trout, and a coho...fished out of Sanilac and Port Austin.

I've fished a few years for walleye on Saginaw bay, but last year was a down year for me.