SWR Question

Thanks...I made up 2 setups last night on Convector 20 size reels with p-line 20#backing 2colors Guldbrod 18# leadcore and 40 feet fluorocarbon 12#leaders and it also took 2 Greygoose and crans 50/50 ....... I can only go 50 feet max or I get hung in the standing timber so the 20's will work fine .... Test flight scheduled for Thursday morning about 6:30 am , fishing till 10:00am then heading to the Lower Niagara with 2 guys from work for Steelheads ,browns and lakers on the Float rod :-)...... Everybody have a Great Thanksgiving and I will let you guys know the results

K ....'here is the update on the SWR ..... I hit it today .... Set the riggers at 25 and 35 with the 2 color rigs .... after letting out the Leader and the 2 colors I let out 50 feet of the backing also and clipped it to the rigger .... The 35 rigger fired 2 times and the 25 foot rigger fired 1 time as well as the 7 and 9 colors of leadcore for a total of 5 fish ... Time on the water was from 7:20 till 11: 00 am the 35's fired at 20 and 40 minutes into the troll ... Thanks for all the information guys ..... Mark

K ....'here is the update on the SWR ..... I hit it today .... Set the riggers at 25 and 35 with the 2 color rigs .... after letting out the Leader and the 2 colors I let out 50 feet of the backing also and clipped it to the rigger .... The 35 rigger fired 2 times and the 25 foot rigger fired 1 time as well as the 7 and 9 colors of leadcore for a total of 5 fish ... Time on the water was from 7:20 till 11: 00 am the 35's fired at 20 and 40 minutes into the troll ... Thanks for all the information guys ..... Mark

Mark were you running all spoons? how deep were you fishing in? what type of baits were you running?

(I'm going stir crazy Mark , thats why all the questions. At lease the doc said I didn't have to where the cervical collar anymore.)

Mark were you running all spoons? how deep were you fishing in? what type of baits were you running?

(I'm going stir crazy Mark , thats why all the questions. At lease the doc said I didn't have to where the cervical collar anymore.)

I was fishing 45 and 35 feet I would guess with the rigger\SWR's over 170-200 FOW above standing timber ..with Small minnow type baits

ahh jim i know exactly what you have its a sickness called immafishaholic its very common in the months of novemeber threw april. The only treament is the sound of a drag screamming.:lol::lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

ok .....I made the last voyage for the year , I think . Today I went 8 for 9 on Lakers

It was 23 degrees today and the water temp was 40.5

3 came on the 2 color Leadcore rig straight down the chute

3 came on the SWR on the Left rigger , ( I let out 25 feet leader 2 colors of lead and then 50 feet of backing and hooked it to the rigger and set it at 21 feet )

The last 2 came on 5 colors of leadcore

nothing at all on the rigger set at 35 , and I moved it all around today from 20-75 feet

Thanks alot for helping out and I learned a ton of different ways to catch fish this year from you guys

ahh jim i know exactly what you have its a sickness called immafishaholic its very common in the months of novemeber threw april. The only treament is the sound of a drag screamming.:lol::lol::lol:

That sound of the drag spinning is emblazed in my head. hear it every time I look at the boat. Nothing like that sound of a screaming drag off a diver rod.