Ohh guys on hear are really good at spending other peoples money but if i were you and you like okuma stuff for leadcore from 2to7 colors Okuma magna pro 30s or you can get the CV 30s. From 8to11 colors go with the 45 magna pro or the CV45. Oh id put them all on calssic pro rods to MH. For copper from 300 will barley squeez on a 45 but it works. You also can put a 500 copper on a CV55. For rods classic pro GLT copper rods in MH. Hope this helps

For Lead core I run the Classic pro's XP452 and XP302. They work really well. I do like the CV45D much better but at quite the difference in price. The clickers on the CV45s are much louder. For your rods if you want cheep with good quality try the Diawa wilderness rods, have a bunch of them and they performed great this year. The classic pro rods are very similar to the diawas. Just cost a bit more. I do like the triangle shape on the foregrip though. Makes it easyer to hold onto the rod. Here is a shot with a xp302 and a xp452 , very nice looking reels.

m_img_1975.jpg

Tight Lines

Jim

This was my first copper set up and I was happy with it but it is only a starter

I ran 300' of 45lbs super copper off of xp 452. and 15' off a xp 302. I ran both with 200yrds of 40lbs braid. The only issue I had was it took me a couple of timesto get the knot small enough to fit thru the line guide on the reel.

I ran them on 6'6 MH uglysticks

I am going to be picking up 6 cv-30D fo dipsy reels and downrigger rods.

Steve

Im a big fan of the Penn GTi or GT2 series reels. The 320,330,340 and 345 reels will handle your lead core and copper needs. Obviously, get the appropriate size for what you putting on it. Im also a fan of the Shimano Tekotas or the Daiwa Sealine series of reels. Good luck with your purchase.

I currently use all okuma cv55l's and am thinking of upgrading. I will be selling them all if i do. unfortunately i won't really know until late winter/early spring.

Let me know on that Josh , I may be interested then.

I would have been a fire fighter but I am not getting on a ladder, besides I would rather sit in my squad and block traffic versus standing in the freezing cold spraying water on a house. I do however like watching you guys saw the trussles off houses and huge pieces of roof for the sake of "ventilation". Either way I suppose you guys have a purpose.