Hello my name is Salmon Assassin

Greeting from the westren shores of lake michigan in beautiful milwaukee where if we can find a way to pollute the lake by gosh were going to do it...

I am going into my third year of lake michigan fishing, I was fishing a 16.5' lund however I recently upgraded to a 24' Sea Ray. I am hoping to learn more about salmon fishing on this board, I am on here to learn and share whatever I do know.

I hate dipsy divers, and I love meat rigs..... Last year I had a lot of limit catches and this year I am hoping to increase my numbers and fill the box every trip....

I dont fish the harbor or outside the breakwall either, I love DEEP water, most mornings after August 1st you can find me heading east of the north gap in 225FOW, picking bows and cohos off the top 30 FOW.

I am also looking for people to fish with, and I havent thought of a new boat name yet....

I hate dipsy divers,

This will change as you get to know them better. I love my divers (all 4 of them), simply because they catch fish!

Welcome to the site Adam. Welcome.gif

How far out is 225 fow on the west side of the pond?

Welcome Adam... I have not been a member for very long, but I think you will find that the information here is as informative as it is helpful.

As far as the boat name goes, I always thought I would win that 1 million prize from the McDonalds Monopoly game, from a large Fry... So I was gonna call my Bertram "The Hot Potato"

Boat names, now that would be a fun thread.

Adam, A warm welcome to the GLF site. Just holler if you need any help.

:welcome:

At times Divers can out shine everything in the spread. They have always been considered the poor mans downrigger but lately many captains have been running fewer riggers and more boards and divers.

welcome aboard Adam and yes we've picked up a few ballons , and funny they had your name on them......from the water in Ludington......Imagine that... This board is aweseom, they can help with everything including spending your money not there.s

Nice to see that there are some guys that like to fish like me. I do have 4 divers but i dont usually fish them. i like riggers and lead core and out deep you dont have the bonheads that like to run everything over. Ohh yea the meats a little better tasting that a nasty old brown king

Welcome Adam,

Thats a fair ride out to 225. Last time we were out that far didn't get anything after 175.

we do most of our fishing east and northeast of the north gap. 50-175.

Glad to have another brew city guy here. I fish out of a 17ft Tracker, 2 to 3 times a week . starting as soon as the Ice clears the piers. The one thing thats nice to fishing deep , staying away from all the dumping from MMSD.

Boat is Woof-n-Fish. Not tagged yet but should be by Spring next year. Look me up next year , I'll fish with you or you can fish with us.

Tight Lines

Jim

Thank you for the kind welcomes... Dipsys arent terrible, I actually got used to them although I only fish the walker deep divers, however anyone who brinks a slide diver on board has to walk the plank....

before I figured out what the hell I was doing i.e dipsy settings them things were flying around my spread and reeking havoc. Once I get them dialed in they did produce for me.

Thank you for the kind welcomes... Dipsys arent terrible, I actually got used to them although I only fish the walker deep divers, however anyone who brings a slide diver on board has to walk the plank....

before I figured out what the hell I was doing i.e dipsy settings them things were flying around my spread and reeking havoc. Once I got them dialed in they did produce for me.

Best guess is that 225FOW is roughly 12 miles due east of the north gap. I didnt start fishing out there till later in the season, I have to tell you it was nice out there all by myself, the only boat I really ever saw was the lake ferry express. There are a ton of fish out there, the last trip of the year we had a two man limit in under two hours and had 4' rollers. I fished that in my 16.5' Lund, but since I just bought that 24' getting out there is going to be expensive.

I can remember one morning when a charter captain was using the fish cleaning station with his clients. He told me that there were no fish out deep, I wish I would have recorded his clients faces when I had to drag my fish box because it was too heavy to carry, all nice clean silver fish. The four greasers they caught were nice too I suupose..

A question I have and I dont want to do this if it's prohibited but I have some extra gear I was looking to sell and I was wondering if thats okay on thepost on the board, just a couple of down riggers and an older fish hawk 510.

A question I have and I dont want to do this if it's prohibited but I have some extra gear I was looking to sell and I was wondering if thats okay on thepost on the board, just a couple of down riggers and an older fish hawk 510.

Only supporting members are allowed to post in the classifieds. Here is the information on how to become a supporting member.

• 1 month later...