Habor Beach Brown Plant

Just Thought I would past along this Info,

On Wednesday Oct. 13 16,000 Brown Trout was planted @ the Detroit Edison Plant in Harbor Beach, and on Monday the 18th 8,000 More Browns was planted at the same spot, :thumb:

They averaged 12" to 13" in length :cool: The ones they planted last year did real well, so it was on this year again :D

I'll know more thrusday a our Thumb Chapter Board meeting.

Hope I put this in the right Thread area :confused:

It's great to see our DNR trying different things to better the fishery. It's been proven LRB's do very well once they survive to a year. Although they are planting less numbers overall, the 12-13" size and fall plant is going to vastly improve the numbers that make it to maturity; as long as pier guys don't keep them.

Your Right on with that statement Jon, if the pier guy's don't keep them, last year the MDNR planted them late in the day like in dark, that was OK till a couple guys hooked the little fellows and the word was out. and they planted HB, PS, and Lexington, not sure on the ###'s that was planted at each port, All we can do is hope people will let them go and grow.

• 3 weeks later...

What is your secret? I have been trying to get the DNR to plant brown trout in the EUP for the last ten years and they will not even give me the time of day. Good luck with the brown trout. I just want my granddaughter to live long enough to see them plant them up here.