T-shirt Idea

Bullshark

I'm interested in knowing if there are t-shirts anywhere with the website logo available. If so, I'd love to buy a couple. If not, It's an idea worth considering as an additional means of promoting the site. I for one think the logo would look cool on a t-shirt.

I'm interested in knowing if there are t-shirts anywhere with the website logo available. If so, I'd love to buy a couple. If not, It's an idea worth considering as an additional means of promoting the site. I for one think the logo would look cool on a t-shirt.

Funny you should bring this up. I spoke to a company last week about doing a 3 color silk screen for T-shirts. Doing them with a silk screen will keep the cost down, but it will not have the full color. I have to play around with the logo on photoshop to see how it might look being only 3 colors.

If anyone knows of a company that can do a full color copy of the logo at a reasonable cost, please let me know.

I have the logo digitized for embroidary if anyone is interested in getting a jacket with it on it. The jackets would have to be done by my local embroidary shop. I will get pricing and samples for jackets if anyone is interested in jackets.

I had these shirts made from a company here in Racine. They do digital inking (? not sure what its really called) instead of silk screening which allows for unlimited colors and designs and no set up fees. It also allows them to run single shirts instead of minimum quantities. They usually sell for $14 for single shirts and better prices for more quantity.

<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://www.greatlakesfisherman.com/gallery/files/1/7/5/0/t-shirt.jpg' alt='t-shirt.jpg'>

Price-wise, digital imaging seems to be the way to go. Like Killerbe20 said, you don't have to deal with minimum orders, so there's not need to carry a big inventory. Plus they're generally less expensive. Quality-wise, I'm not sure how it compares to silk screen though.

I like the t shirt idea. There was a ladt at the GR Fishing Show last year that had decent prices and they were all on hanes t shirts. I have know idea who is was though. You could call Adam at show span and he would know who it was. I also like the hat idea.

• 4 weeks later...
One idea worth considering is Cafepress( www.cafepress.com ). This could be a great way to start, as there is no inventory involved and the printing is all done for you. The only things needed to get started is a username and a logo.

The biggest problem I've had with Cafepress is they don't have sizes ffor us calorically challenged guys. I do like the options to buy different products with logos.

Josh how are those shirts holding out? I believe the process they are using is what is called direct to garment, if that is what they are using (check your shirts) you will have a cotton blend shirt, If not its a design transfer . either way will not last as long as screen printing. Yes screen printing can get expensive and usually there is a minimum, Mike if your looking for screen printing let me know and I will shoot some links your way , there is also another process and its done with screen printing, its a heat transfer and its done in full color, but you would need access to a heat press to applie the transfer. There are a few ways to do what you are asking about , it just depends how long you want the printing to last. Will the garment be washed inside out ? will it be dryed in a dryer . too much to list here.

most shirts are 4-5 colors, plus a base of white if the shirt is to go on a light color.

at one time I was thinking of getting a screen printing setup but I wouldn't have room in the garage for the boat, so I decided not to .Back to your question, yes and no, you would have to find someone with a press big enough to do more than 5-6 colors , and I am sure that the price would go up considerably at that point.

Every time we are at a trade show we get a shirt that has been done with direct to garment and the first ones didn't last very long and faded pretty bad. They have improved them I am sure. Just something to watch for. The easiest to describe it is a giant printer and the shirt runs though it. Special inks are required. and the shirt can't be 100% cotton.

There can be problems with any of the processes to decorate garments.

What we do (Jans Embroidery) is the obvious Embroidery and heat transfer graphics , cut on a vinyl cutter. and Vinyl lettering. My wife just finished the second part of an order for the shop I work at , it was about 110 pieces .Here are some photos , the base ball team is Embroidery , and the rest are digital cut graphics applied with heat press. You can see in the last photo that colors can be mixed but is

more suited for single colors . This type will out last the garment it is applied to.

m_dscn4556.jpg

m_dscn4124.jpg

m_dscn4120.jpg

m_dscn4073.jpg

The biggest problem I've had with Cafepress is they don't have sizes ffor us calorically challenged guys. I do like the options to buy different products with logos.

I find that hard to believe that they don't have you size. t shirts are available to me in sizes up to 6x and in most sweat shirts to 4 or 5 x. You may have to call them.

From a pricing stand point there is alot of difference from a XL to a 3x or 5x.