Port Sanilac/south wall

went out on the south wall this morning and didn't catch anything. No hits, no bumps no fish. Didn't see anyone else get anything either. Kinda figured it wouldn't be a good morning when you see waves crashing over the north wall.

Looked at the cam this morning, didn't see anyone on the walls fishing. That was just around sunrise. Lake looked pretty calm at that point. My buddy that lives near there called me a bit ago and said the lake looked great, didn't know if he wanted to take the boat or fish off the wall later this evening. We shall see.

We got out there just after sun up. 3 people on south and 3 on the north. The waves that were coming in were huge rollers. It wasn't a constant splash up over the wall, but it was happening. I live in Peck about 12 miles from Lexington and it is windier than hell out here right now. But, it always seems to be different out at the lake. They've been catching browns off the wall pretty consistently right now a guy was telling me. We haven't had our boat out since late August. Either had something going on or the weather was bad. Would like to get out a couple more times before we winterize it. Maybe this weekend? Looks like it's going to be nice.

Still plan on heading out there tommorow, but I heard from a guy I work with who lives in Port Huron, that there has been good action on the Black River mouth there by the St Clair river. I plan on trying the north end there first, then working my way north if there is no action.

I plan on going somewhere tomorrow but not sure where yet. The weather forecast has changed again since yesterday and what was supposed to be wnw winds will now be ne. So may go to Pt Huron instead of Sanilac. Will decide after the latest weather info tonight.