The Huron Side of things.

Great site guys as I am new to fishing this side of the glove. I was hoping for a little guidance on some locations and run reports on Lake Huron.

Ive checked some maps and noticed some harbors like Lexington, Port Sanilac, Harbor Beach, and Port Austin. Do these areas produce good fish or is the run already over? Also I was wondering on local rivers, access, and best methods. Any help would be greatly appreciated considering the season is coming close to an end.

All information is greatly appreciated! Take care and tight lines!

Cris.

Welcome to the site Cris, I'am like 1/2 way between Marlette and Cass City, I've noticed some reports of a few small browns caught in Lexington, but I've put the boat away already won't be back out till ice out in the spring, not saying that you have to set on shore, get out there and fish, there is steelhead, an browns w/your name on them, good luck don't be afraid to ask on here very good bunch of guys.

They're hammering browns and steelhead on the south wall in Port Sanilac right now, especially in the morning. Casting little cleos and J-13's in the firetiger pattern. Also catching the occasional king. Been a few browns and steelhead and the kings I've heard of being caught have been 13, 14 and 17 pounders. Very reliable source. We went out in Lexington Heights last night casting by the creek mouth but no hits. Water was really dirty from all the wind we have been getting. Also, there is good fishing to be had at the mouth of the Black River where it empties into the St.Clair River. You can fish it on either side at the city building or Acheson's by the BoatNerd building. Cast Red Eye spoons and Little Cleos in 3/4 ounce down there.

Harbor Beach is also excellent right now on the north wall. Cast spoons and body baits. Don't be surprised is you haul in some walleye up there right now off the wall. And they're all pretty big too! You can also fish Port Austin in the harbor where the creek comes out. A lot of people float spawn there for browns and steelhead.

Awesome GUYS! thanks for the info. I will be going to Port Sanilac from the sounds of it.. I have an large amount of J 13's and Cleos... are guys doing well there at Night? Also ive constructed a new rod holder thats hinged for using spawn on the rivers... Ill post some pics on here when done and you can tell me what you think.

Thanks again for this information! Awesome.

North wall is accessible. That's where the boat launch is. When you get to the stop light, turn toward the water. Go one block and turn left. Keep going and you will see the dnr boat launch on the right side. You can get on the north wall there. They just dredged that harbor out this summer so there won't be too many weeds. Good luck, post how ya did. They are getting them at night there too.

I'm sorry, that's for Port Sanilac. I miss read your post. Yes, there are actually 3 walls in Harbor Beach. The very far north wall is the only one you can access thru the dnr launch. The other 2 are just walls, no way to get to them. There is though by the edison building a fishing access site. That's a good spot because it has a warm water discharge that flows like a river into the harbor. Seen and caught a lot of salmon out of there back in the good ole days.

The road just to the south of the road to the boat launch. You drive that back and on the right side there is a parking lot and porta potty. There's a sign that says open from "now to now" but I've been back there numerous times when I it was "out of season" and never had anything said to me. I almost think it's Nov. 1st, though. Walk the trail back, it's paved, to the end and that's where the warm water discharge is at. That spot is also awesome in the spring for steelhead and browns. There is also at the south end of town a pier that runs out into the harbor. That's a good spot to fish for some perch and huge pike.

Anderson's Pro Bait in Port Huron said the fishing is non-stop at the city building for steelhead, browns and salmon. Casting red-eye spoons and cleo's. Anytime there has been a north blow the American side of the St. Clair River heats up big time. They're also getting a lot of "hog" walleyes down there right now.