Boat

Grant Sadler

You Guys let me know if I've lost my mind :eek:

I found a 25' Century 1977, been setting a shed for 6 yrs own by buy an 81 yr old fellow that is not fishing no more :no: it has 350 chevy, 888 out drive, motor rolls over but no spark :( sitting on tamdem trailer roller needs tires, fullcover on the boat, it looks to be in good shape just needs some wax, he wants $2000.00 for it I'am think ahh :thumb: maybe getter looking good and running and next year take it over to Lundington or pentwater and leave it there for fishing, rather than hauling my 22' back an forth :thumb: or maybe just sell it in the spring.

Is this cool :cool: or not :no:

Thanks for your thought :thumb:

Sounds like something I would look into. Price is right, just wonder from the boat sitting for so long what could potentially be problematic with it. I'm a big fan of leaving my boats in ports of interest to save wear and tear on my equipment. If it's in your budget and it's something that will work for you personally I would seriously consider it. That seems like a reasonable deal, heck you maybe able to get him to come down a little bit if you express your concerns about what could potnetially be wrong with it from sitting for so long along with the no spark issue. Good luck!:thumb:

Update I went and checked it out a little closer, talked to a local boat guy, and saidly I'am walking away from this deal, mainly because there is something fisheeee about the lower unit, the out drive is white and the base unit on the boat is black, and it don't have water intakes on the side of the lower half, he said the lower unit was rebuilt and only had 50 hrs, B.S. I thought and the motor won't start, I think it would end up being a $2000.00 flower pot.

Told myself I didn't need a problem child.