Modified Canon Probe

Sometime ago one of the members posted a modification for the Canon Probe which provided for a more positive hook up to the ball. I'm interested in converting my probe however am unable to find the post; would appreciate it if the person would submitted it would re-do it. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

With that setup do you still get strong reception. I have often thought about doing this connection setup, but was aways afraid it would not be able to relay very well through all of the connection points at say 150' or more...

With that setup do you still get strong reception. I have often thought about doing this connection setup, but was aways afraid it would not be able to relay very well through all of the connection points at say 150' or more...

This is the current release I use. Terminatorrelease.JPG

The coated cable runs through the release, and has a tag end about 4".

The wire on the probe, and cable have barrel connectors on them. %100 positive connection. Works very good. I don't fish much over 100 feet down, but there is no reason it won't work.

• 2 years later...

Here is what I've done. This is not my idea, just something that was shared with me, so I thought maybe someone else may want to try it as well. Working great for three + years now.

<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://www.greatlakesfisherman.com/gallery/files/4/8/1/2/100_5093_resize.jpg' alt='100_5093_resize.jpg'>

One thing I did change from the picture above is using a quick disconnect crimp connector so I can remove the probe and weight when not in use. Also rounded the edges of the "T" to avoid any possibility of cutting a line on it.