My wife wants a new boat

sjk984

My wife wants a new boat next year. We have just started looking but I think we will have to get a bow rider because I have 4 kids and she will want another on next year so that will be 7 on a family day on the water.. Has any one been in one of the fishing style bow riders. i.e. the grady white 226 tourney or the seaswirl 21' DC. I think I am going to need a bath room so I won't be going much smaller. Or some feed back from people with other dual console big water boats.

Thanks Steve

P.S A new boat and another kid will equal a new suburban too.

I think she likes the sea swirl 21 bow rider. Salesman said it has the same hull and ride of the CC an WA. we are going for a test ride this saturday. I also see grady white and tropy has bow riders. I need to be under 21' or it won,t fit in the barn with the other toys.

Steve

Are you thinking 7 for fishing or zipping around on the lake? I have a 20' Pioneer 197 Sportfish Center Console (http://pioneerboats.com/html/sport_fish.html). I fish it with myself and/or one, two or three of my kids, then head to the beach and pile 6 or 7 kids (cousins, friends, and what not) into it and run them around skiing, tubing, knee boarding, wake boarding, warren dunes, etc. Built well, easy to maintain and still comfortable enough to take the family. We keep it on a trailer and drag it to Florida without any trouble too. Maybe a slight downside is there is only a t-top for protection form the weather. This was my second full season with it and it really has exceeded my expectations. My wife will rarely admit it but she even likes it too. No porta-potty in the CC I have but there are many that have them but probably looking at something like a 22'er.

Just a thought as an alternative to a bow rider.

-- Bud