St Ignace this weekend?

Taking a buddy of mine out this weekend (weather permitting). He is a Big Brother and is bringing his "little brother" along. We would really like to put this kid on some fish. If anybody can give me any info (areas/colors/depths) on St Ignace salmon/lakers it would be much appreciated. If you're out there this weekend the boat name is Bobber O' Riley. Thanks! Tight Lines!

First,I want to thank steeliebob and Yoda for their advice. We had a good day Sunday and went 4/5 with two kings. one on the braided dipsey 120 ft back. one on a downrigger 60 ft down. Two nice lakers.Lost a nice king on a silver alewife spoon on the dipsey,at the boat. Beatiful day,awesome scenery,and we put a few fish in the cooler.Not too shabby.

I have been fishing out of St Ignace for 20+ years and as far as I am concerned there is no better spot. Looking for a new boat right now for next summer. It is time to put the salmon gear away and break out the steelhead gear. I am sure that for the next 8 months the steelhead will learn to hate me. I am headed out at 4 am tomorrow on a chrome hunt deep in the silver mine.

Taking a buddy of mine out this weekend (weather permitting). He is a Big Brother and is bringing his "little brother" along. We would really like to put this kid on some fish. If anybody can give me any info (areas/colors/depths) on St Ignace salmon/lakers it would be much appreciated. If you're out there this weekend the boat name is Bobber O' Riley. Thanks! Tight Lines!

I'd like to get up there next summer to fish St,Ignace (I love that place), but I've never done so. Can you give me some ideas on where to go fishing around there?

Your boaat or mine leave me a PM and I will be happy to help you land a few. Every year the lures that work well up here change. I have seen them change over a two week period. You really want to talk with someone who is on the water quite a bit. In May and June I hit them good at night catching some real nice salmon. July came around and I could hardlly get a hit at night but go out at 3 am and you can't get to the rods quick enough.

Drop me a line when your going to be coming up John, things change from spring to summer to fall.

Will do. I miss it up there. Looking forward to trying my luck. Any marinas you would recommend for transient boaters? I slip in Holland, but wouldn't mind towing the girl up North for a weekend.:thumb:

• 2 weeks later...

Another picture perfect day fishing around Mackinaw island. 5/6 in 80 to 120 ft of water. Boated 4 kings and a laker (released the laker). Two off downriggers set 55 and 65 ft down. purple/pink or blue/pink spoons seemed to be the hot colors.Blueberry muffin on braid dipsey 3 setting 175 back took two 5 and 6 lb kings. Lost a king off a dipsey. Nice catching them off downriggers. Had some spectacular leaps making for some awesome memories.:thumb: