New Kicker

My Marine dealer had an auction on saturday and I was hoping to pick up a couple of things, well just one, 2010 4 stroke 15 hp kicker. Now I just have to rig it on the boat. It should just bolt on having Power trim I shouldn't need a bracket. The only thing I am wondering about is the controls. Where to mount them and what kind should I use. I know I need a t-fitting for the fuel and a link for the steering, Does anyone know of a good place to buy controls? Should I buy a duel system or just install another control unit? Pictures will follow as I don't pick it up until Thursday , have to have the brakes replaced on my truck, rotors warped again , 2nd time in 5 months.

Having almost 200 hours on the main motor this year I decided that I need a kicker, before I wear out my big motor.

Are you lookimg for a full set of controls or just a trolling adjutment control box. I just insatlled a trolling box fron controll king. I allows me to make micro adjust. It will adjust 1/10 of a mile an hour (gps). Cabelas also has a trolling throttle controll they sell.

Steve

how was the auction? i was really disappointed i had to work. Looked like a lot of good stuff!

They had a lot of trailers which went very reasonable, they also had a bunch of motors most were 75-250 hp , I only stayed until I got the kicker .They had five and they all went for about 1950-2100. all the motors were new but one, full warranty too.I'm sure it lasted for at least 3 hours . Way in the back of the lot they had Milwaukee's old Fire and rescue boat. Now that would make a great fishing boat!!! just have to remove the extra plumbing. I had a wedding to attend, and the service was very short , I was 10min late and missed the service. and my Wife was pissed!!!!

Are you lookimg for a full set of controls or just a trolling adjutment control box. I just insatlled a trolling box fron controll king. I allows me to make micro adjust. It will adjust 1/10 of a mile an hour (gps). Cabelas also has a trolling throttle controll they sell.

Steve

My best guess right now is that I don't have controls, I should have asked . Would the control king be enough to use on the motor without a set of controls? I will find out on thursday when I pick it up. I really don't want to have another throttle control box . how do most guys do this?

It has its own power trim and alternator but I am thinking of putting it on its own battery. I know I have options just have to find them first.

Jim, let me know if you need a speed control for it I have a trollmaster for that exact motor. We were actually just talking about selling it and some other stuff from the old boat. This thing is sweet. It works as a reastat and has infinite throttle control.

Jim, let me know if you need a speed control for it I have a trollmaster for that exact motor. We were actually just talking about selling it and some other stuff from the old boat. This thing is sweet. It works as a reastat and has infinite throttle control.

I'll let you know thursday night.

I have a troll master not a control king. The control box is about 4''x7''. and has a dial and a coulple of buttons. and a digital display. Go to their web site and they have a ton of info about them. I have my kicker tied to the main motor with an esay steer bar. it works ok.