Milwaukee 9/9 and 9/12

We were out on Thursday and that stinky skunk was tossed out right at the end of our trip with 2 shakers. This one and another smaller one , can't get much smaller than this.

m_p9090003.jpg

Now back at the present, Left McKinley around 6:15 , after the last couple of trips with little to show decided to go out deep. Headed northeast to 125ft of water and worked out to 150. Found a small area the fish were bitting , first fish came about 730am in 144FOW an 11lb rainbow , then about every 30 to 45 minutes as we were going west we would pick up another one. Mixed bag today missed the grand slam by one , all we needed was 1 King . Not to be had by us today though. ended the day with 1 Rainbow ,2 Coho, 1 Lake trout, and 1 Brown. The lake laid flat by 9am so we went all the way out to 200ft, Glass flat out there. Last fish came in 175FOW . We were able to run wide open on the return trip about 12 miles, how often does that happen ? Take a look at one of the pictures here it show us in 200fow, is that bait scattered or just interference. 4 out of the five fish came on Jp Slammers, just recieved my package on Friday. Jimmy is right they really slam these things.

We ran 3 of them and each one fired at least once on our trip . I am not that familiar with the names yet an orange one and the watermellon and one that looks like cracked ice. I can't wait till next summer when the kings are really active , I think these will be the cats butt. So Jimmy I will be ordering more of these before Christmas.

Tight Lines

Jim

m_p9120015.jpg

m_p9120016.jpg

m_p9120019.jpg

Jim the speed on the FF is 1.91 sog. Is that from a wheel on the transducer? Are you using a gps? What speed are you trolling on your gps?

Nice mix of fish there.

That is from the wheel on the transducer, don't relie on that , I use my gps and my Depth raider. Gps spped was 2.4 - 2.8 Depth raider=2.1-2.2

Not a bad catch Jim. Dad and I fished this morning and ended up 3 for 4 with our biggest being a 6 pound laker. Fishing has really died off for a while now. I heard they are still getting them way out though.

Yea I tried hailing you on the radio this morning but no answer, didn't think I was going out that deep , just kept looking for more coho and steelhead. From what I heard on the radio and saw at the cleaning shack not much being caught . 2-3 fish was all .You might want to try those Jp Slammers from Jimbobber(Jimmy) of all the spoons I ran only one Dreamweaver spoon took a fish. You all done chartering this year? I may do a couple of trips next year, May and maybe Late June or mid july. So keep a space for my group. Like to get into the Coho and Perch in the spring.

Edited by jimcr
sp

Yea I tried hailing you on the radio this morning but no answer, didn't think I was going out that deep , just kept looking for more coho and steelhead. From what I heard on the radio and saw at the cleaning shack not much being caught . 2-3 fish was all .You might want to try those Jp Slammers from Jimbobber(Jimmy) of all the spoons I ran only one Dreamweaver spoon took a fish. You all done chartering this year? I may do a couple of trips next year, May and maybe Late June or mid july. So keep a space for my group. Like to get into the Coho and Perch in the spring.

Ya Jim, we're done for the season. Given the salmon a break to chase whitetails. Give me a call early next spring and we'll set it up.