Tawas / Oscoda Where to start???

Thinking about taking a half day trip and wondering what my best options may be to hook into some lakers / Browns / kings / steel, or just drown my lines. just love being on the water. I have noticed a few fly fisherman being successfull on browns and lakers around octoberish on the east side. I used to nail a few kings myself on the fly in the surf near the drain but it has been 6 years. Thinking I might pull a few trolling some spoons / body baits? any suggestions or launch points would be greatly appreciated....now that I have fulfilled my dream of having a great fishing boat, bow hunting just doesn't compare, and I need to fuel the addiction!

Oscoda used to be one of the best late september ports on lake huron. Now not so much. The run isnt nearly what it used to be. Within the next week or so these fish should be around ready to stage. Pull plugs and glow spoons right out in front of the pier heads. Riggers down 3-10 feet with 100ft leads and flat lines with plugs.

you can launch in Oscoda right on the south side of the river at Main Pier. There is a DNR launch there. And yup, pull glow spoons and J-plugs right in front of the river out to 120 ft. We had awesome success about 4 years ago just to the north of the river running in and out of the color line. Good luck!!

you can launch in Oscoda right on the south side of the river at Main Pier. There is a DNR launch there. And yup, pull glow spoons and J-plugs right in front of the river out to 120 ft. We had awesome success about 4 years ago just to the north of the river running in and out of the color line. Good luck!!

I was in Oscoda over the holiday weekend and marked tons of fish. Caught a couple steelhead in 50 FOW, 20 down and 100 back of the riggers. Caught both of the fish on a silver screwball. Had two other rips on regular size pro kings.