Electric Down-riggers

eas111

i love my vectors.....but they are not made anymore :(

from experience, i personally would never buy one with plastic parts anymore.

Honestly, all the major manufacturers have good products. It comes down to preference with rod holders, speed, color, low profile vs higher profile, what kind of bases, etc, etc, etc.

After having my Big Jon Captain Packs for several years now the only thing I would do differently is look for a down rigger that can handle more than a 12lb cannon ball. In the hot summer when the cold water is down very deep it would be better if I had more weight. Don't get me wrong I love my Big Jons.

The Vectors will be available again around January, So the folks at TraxTech have told me. Pulpfishin, where you getting the information on the "Build" per order thing ? I've talked to them a couple time and there was no mention of that..

I had the pleasure of meeting and fishing with Jeff Miller from Traxstech last week. Between the outstanding customer service i have received prior to meeting Jeff and getting to know him a little bit, i believe stating Traxstech will not honor the original Vector warranty may be somewhat false. They may not just up and give you a brand new downrigger or rodholder but i'm sure they will do anything they can resolve any issues you may have. From personal experience, I believe Traxstech takes great pride in ensuring their customers are happy with any products associated with their name, including pre-Traxstech Vector products.

i love my vectors.....but they are not made anymore :(

from experience, i personally would never buy one with plastic parts anymore.

Honestly, all the major manufacturers have good products. It comes down to preference with rod holders, speed, color, low profile vs higher profile, what kind of bases, etc, etc, etc.

Yes they are. Traxtech bought them out and will be available this spring according to a very good source.;)

Other than that, im a cannon fan. Big Jon makes a good rigger, im just not a fan of the flexing boom. Just me though, theyll work fine for ya.

I put Cannon Digi-Troll IV's on my rig. Love them, but they're pricey. They have a jig function for moving the weight up and down, bottom following capabilities, three variable, and programmable speeds, and they're fast even with 14# balls on them.:thumb:

I used to have old Cannon Mag 10A's on the boat, in 2003 I put two Scotty 1116's on the corners and moved the cannons up the gunwales as out downs. After two year of the cannons being in the way and not using them I took them off the boat and stuck them in the basement until I eventually sold em.

The old Cannons were were fine, but very slow. The Scotty's were superior in every aspect. My only complaint was the rod holders. I have since replaced 1 holder on each rigger with the adjustable holders that come on the 1117's and that completely got rid of my only complaint. Couldn't be happier with them, 7 seasons so far without a single issue on either of them. From what I've heard, the repair centers will tell you they never (or very seldom ever) see Scotty's come in for service, they just keep working.

Tim