Heading up to Ludington on Monday, planning on fishing up there for the week,

and while I am used to fishing out of Muskegon, what are the main areas for fishing out of that port, especially this time of year? I have heard of drop offs, and other terms - but can someone give me a little insight?

Also - with the big blow - should we target PM Lake more? Just looking for some help - thanks to all, will give posts as the week goes on...

Jim

AKA - Reel Deal

Muskgeon

Fishing can be good all around Ludington. Here's some places we fish. The water south off the project, the consumers pumped storage facility and straight out inside and outside the nets. North to the bank, it's the area between the state park bathouse and north from there can be good but is a heavy fishing pressure location. Straight off the Big Sable light can hold fish too and north of it can be very good some days to get away from boats. The Sable river mouth is a good location in Sept as well as right off the pier heads and in PM lk. The lake was loaded with fish earlier in the week but a really good fisherman I know got blanked in there last night. I think the load of fish in PM Lk shot up the river with the rain. More could reload.

Here's a link to the nets. http://www.ludingtoncharterboats.org/netalert.pdf

Generally 80 to 150 is best in summer but the fish will come in to really skinny water in Sept so fishing off the beaches can be good some days. I would take a hard look on the inside to start every day now. Can't really say where the best fishing will be next week since we are in the midst of a gale out there now and I'm not sure if we'll get any fishing in this weekend. Good luck!

Ed was dead on.Alot of people fishing p.m. river at twin bridges but I have not heard of any fish caught yet.P.m. lake has been busy but agian its very slow fishing.Last night we had 9-11 ft waves Ive saw no boats out today in lake mi,a few in the p.m. I wish I could help more, but after this storm its anyones guess, but if you have a lil boat p.m. or lincon lake mouth might be happing, Sable river does not allow any mototized boats, also no treble hooks and only 1 hook can be used and it must have less than 3/8 gap and that is strictly enforced by dnr in state park.Good luck and be safe if you go into L-mich