South Haven 3 Sept 2010 - Gale Warning - Video

GLF

The family and I went for a ride to South Haven to check on the boat and look at the storm. This is a short video I took while we were at the North beach. There was a boat that decided to get a CLOSER look at the waves!

Wow, nice footage. I would have used a few more RPM's if I was in that boat.

I just got up to Ludington tonight and it's raging here. They are some big waves in the harbor, they are rolling right over the pier.

Ok I remember, but here's the Deal......I'm not going to Ludington Now, there's no use for going, we were going to Haul her out of the water and with those winds, I'll never get it on the trailer right in Ludington, not to mention the water level is down 12" do the trailer never really gets deep enough right now...So that said... there won't be any video uploaded of Ludington waves....I don't want to freeze my _ _ _ off......The webcam of Harborview...shows waves blasting the lighthouse Mike, take a look when you get a chance....

The wife and I went to the city boat launch here in Ludington last night and took video as well.As wild as your video is that was calm compared to here. I will work later this afternoon to get video posted as I"ve never done it before . There were wave splashes at least 20ft higher than light house! The video shakes alot as wind was shaking truck badly but we got some great action, the best was watching tourist partially out on break wall getting there high dollar cameras soaked and running for safety after a wave hit, thank God no one was hurt. But great video Mike, that boat ride was insane no way id do that....

The wife and I went to the city boat launch here in Ludington last night and took video as well.As wild as your video is that was calm compared to here. I will work later this afternoon to get video posted as I"ve never done it before . There were wave splashes at least 20ft higher than light house! The video shakes alot as wind was shaking truck badly but we got some great action, the best was watching tourist partially out on break wall getting there high dollar cameras soaked and running for safety after a wave hit, thank God no one was hurt. But great video Mike, that boat ride was insane no way id do that....

South Haven will never have GIANT waves in close, because it is to shallow.

Here is a good read about waves.

That is AWESOME.

The wife and I went to Holland and then Grand Haven.

Grand Haven was crazy.

I saw blasts 60-70 ft high off the pier heads.

The waves IN the channel were 6-8ft and rolling over the boardwalk.

I'm sure some of you saw the video of the kids walking on the boardwalk getting knocked down. Scary.