how close together can you run riggers ?

Boomer

I have a 18' seanymph And I have two rigger with 4' arms I usually run them out the sides so as they are farthest apart but I was considering running two dipsey rods off the sides and I am thinking about swiveling them out the back to give me more room for the dipseys. My question is how close can you run the riggers next to each other with out worry of tangles?

I run my riggers 4' apart on the sides and the width of my transom down the middle. And I run 2 dipseys per side plus my core out on planers.

So I am running, 4 riggers, 4 dipseys and at least 2 core rods on my 19' Yar Craft.

I run an 18ft Bluefin. beam about 94", something like that. 1 rigger straight off the back, 2nd at 45 deg. both booms only extended 30". I run a 10 Lb fish on one side, probe & homemade 14 Lb torpedo off the other. I never troll in a straight line & have never had a tangle. (knock on wood) Ran them last weekend at 125 & 105 ft of cable out.

I typically run four riggers with two riggers turned out 90 degrees and two riggers strait out the back just in from the corners, similar to Steve (ALLEYES). This puts about a 4 to 5 foot spread between the two riggers. Majority of the time it is not a problem, but if I am running in a strong cross current sometimes they get crossed up. When this happens I drop down to running just two riggers. I also run dipsies and very seldom get a rigger tangled in the dipsie line.

You may want to try running you riggers at 45's off the corners, that should give you a bit more spread and make setting the dipsies easier.

keep in mind if you run them straight out the back depending on where you mount them to keep clearance from the prop, I also run an 18' and we got pretty close when we had a cross current to the prop so we run them off the side now!!

I run 4 riggers and if I'm running dipsys I will run them 2 feet in front of my side riggers, my dipsy rods are 10.6 and 8.6 . no really tight turns . my rear riggers go straight out the back on each corner. Side riggers are on a 48" boom. Like Kyle said only have a problem when there is a strong cross current.

On that note, I am working on setting up my boat for next year, I will be ok running 2 cannon mag 5's with the 2 foot booms off the side and still have enough clearance from my kicker motor right?

If you have them turned out you should have plenty of clearance. If you run the riggers strait back off the corners you may have issues depending on how you boat is set up and how much beam your boat has.