Snubbers- What are you using?

I know several guys really hate snubbers and never run them. I on the other hand, have increased my catch ratio by using one on my wire setups. I have been using the 6in Luhr Jensen. It's a little thick, but it works. For those of you who run snubbers, what type and size do you use? What made you choose that one over the others?

I have run the standard Lj snubbers and picked up some clear ones , I think the clear ones will work better , less hardware visable in the water. Never had any problems with the colored ones though, would like to find some clear dipseys also.

The clear "stealth" snubbers have really made a major improvement over the old fashion types and, with today's technology why not go with the flow.

Common sense told me a long time ago to stop using what always getting deteriorated from the uv rays of the sun, hence being rotted in short order.

The Opti clear snubber is carried at many of the Gander stores and, have been really reliable for me time and time again. Also they come with reel quality swivels that help any presentation in the water no matter species you are trying to target or regardless what body of water you are on.

The market today probably carries at least 4 major manufactures of them you just have to make that choice.

BlueFinn

I just tried the clear plastic snubber this year for the frist time, though my logic was not thinking about stretch. I though they were pretty good looking with a clear dipsey with UV on it and a UV echip with a no see em fly behind it. SEXY RIG. But, i will say that they appear to be able to withstand light breakdown better.

Where we are our dipsies don't normally take a huge pounding from all the lake trout :P But in our past trip to Manistee our wire diver back 200 was absolutely pounding hot. Hit after hit after hit, but our hookup percentage was around 50%! I had a 12in ripcord on it and switch back to the old school LJ snubber. Our hookups drastically increased in the same day. The same rig was used(fly and coyote). I always use a snubber that color cordinates with my entire rig(dipsey, fly, attractor). Thats just me though.

I do not use the heavy colored snubbers however we run the clear twisted stealth snubbers on all our rigs.

Maybe some people can do is successfully but one time we forgot to put snubbers on 2 rods and both rods broke the 50lb test mono fly line when the fish hit. Granted it was August and the bigger fish were around but I can't see being successful without using some sort of snubber. Just my 2 cents.

I have both the Opti clear snubbers and the LJ snubbers and I get more strikes on the clear, but the LJ snubbers seem to have a little less stretch and the hook ups are more solid. The most important thing with snubbers is use them and keep your hooks sharp. When using any flasher or rotator and fly combo go to the tandem single hook setups over the treble hook set up and you will increase your hook to land ratio too.