SH to ??? 8/31, 9/1, 9/2

Got a couple cousins coming into town tommorow and we are slipping in SH Tues night at least. Thinking about heading out weds morn and heading south to st joe or north to saugatuck and back in a day. Anyone ever done this? Is it feasible to do roundtrip in a day AM thru PM trip?

Obviously weather dependent. Thought it would be cool and also get us to some bigger rivers. If not we may look into slipping at joe or saugatuck. Just not sure how easy to get slipped there. Any thoughts?

Will be fishin somewhere from tues PM thru thurs Am. Give us a shout on radio if ur out there No Limits or Nee Hi. Cell 269-599-7420 Jarod :superman:

Go North to Holland or Grand Haven. Reservations can be made online at Municipal marinas here

We were thinking driving the boat to the port and back if possible. Driving the boat to Holland and staying night then driving back may be a possibility. Any clue how many miles that is? 30ish??

Yes it can be done. I have fished from the Cook plant to Palisades in a day. I have also fished from Grand Haven to south of Saugatuck in a day. With the south wind, I would say the best fishing troll would be south to St. Joe. If it is more about having a good time, north with the wind and waves would be best. If you stay in that 90-100 FOW, you can always seem to pound the bottom for Lakers.;)

Either one of those trips are possible on a good day. I have done both and it can happen. I think Saugatuck is closer to South Haven, but I have trolled to St Joe within sight of the pier a few times and had plenty of time to troll back if we desired to. I need that lake bad right now, I have been stuck in Minnesota for the last two weeks. Hope to see you all out there this weekend, weather permitting.

Ended up sticking around SH with nasty weather. Ended 1 for 4 tues PM with hits in 95, 115, 130, and 140 fow. Landed 15# king in 140fow on 150' copper orange crush that was bent in half by that beast. Buddies first king so that was cool.:grin: Lost fish on 7 color w/ purple and yellow spoon, 200' copper w/ mag mixed veggie UV, and Craigs christmas 120 down on rigger. Last fish was at 730:( King was rather looked like we pulled out of 40fow not 140fow

Wind blew all night so we made it out for 1/2 hr of 1st light fishing 50-60fow then pulled as it was nasty and had a green crew member. Went back out for an hour from 1-2pm without a hit then pulled as it was pretty sloppy.. Wind was dead back at port and calming nicely. :rolleyes:

Decided to call it a trip as the weather and fishing were terrible. Beats staying at work!!:grin: Looks ugly the next few days too.