Atlanta

Has any one been fishing up in Atlanta recently? We go up there every Labor Day on a little inland fishing trip and was wondering how the lakes have been with all this heat this summer. We usually fish Avery, McCormick, Lake Fifteen, Voyeur and head out one day to Fletcher Flood Waters. Usually fish for anything that bites. When we go up to McCormick, we do a little trolling program around the lake with our electric trolling motor and mini-divers. People look at us like we're crazy until we start hauling in the browns and steelhead. Big water fishing tactics work wonders on fish that have never seen it before. It's a riot!

And what in the heck happened up there on some of those inland lakes with all the pleasure boaters and waverunners? We've been going up there for years now and this is the first time we've had issues, holiday weekend or not! We pretty much got blown off of Lake 15 by 2 power boats towing tubes and 2 waverunners. First time ever! Water was a muddy mess from the boaters and the wakes, oh my God, we have a little 14 footer for inland fishing and we got nervous a few times. It was a shame. DNRE needs to put a 10 horse power limit on some of those lakes up there. God's country, but not for long if this keeps up.

And what in the heck happened up there on some of those inland lakes with all the pleasure boaters and waverunners? We've been going up there for years now and this is the first time we've had issues, holiday weekend or not! We pretty much got blown off of Lake 15 by 2 power boats towing tubes and 2 waverunners. First time ever! Water was a muddy mess from the boaters and the wakes, oh my God, we have a little 14 footer for inland fishing and we got nervous a few times. It was a shame. DNRE needs to put a 10 horse power limit on some of those lakes up there. God's country, but not for long if this keeps up.

You are right about the big boats on the smaller lakes. I only know of 2 lakes in the Gaylord area that has a no wake law after 7:00pm.

Hows the fishing on Fletchers. Havent been up there in years. Used to go up ice fishing and catch some gills and BIG pike on tip ups. Been a long time though.

Ice fishing continues to be excellent in the winter time. Theres just one growing issue. There are a ton of people laid off in the area. Meaning more idiots on the lake. I hate to be such a jerk about it, buts its entirely true. A great place for a report is Wild Bills Tackle right on m-32. They're great people and Vicky loves everyone :D Take a look at the pics in there, im a 9 time weekend tournament winner.(this only went on for 1 year unfortunately. I won 9 out of 14) It's a great lake to fish and a great lake to bring a young one out to.

My wife wants to go camping this weekend looks like we are headed to clear lake state park. We have tried fishing it three times with limited success. I will have my canoe and plan on jigging spoons to hopefully catch some splake?20-40 fow... Am I on the right track?

Ended up not finding any minnows, but did find some success using crawlers lining up where the two boat launches intersect and drifting with the canoe. Ended up catching 6 splake and missed quite a few more. Kept 2 around 14 inches for an appetizer they were phenomenal!

I knew I should have posted this last week. You can get minnows at the hardware store in Atlanta. Sorry, I guess I just assumed everyone knows that :( All the little bait shops that used to be up there are no more. Couldn't even find one in Lewiston!