What a beautiful evening on the water! WOW - couldn't be any better, except some hungry fish would have been nice!

Got past the jigger's in the channel entrance, what a crowd! Set lines in 60 FOW at 5:45 PM - 3 DR, 60, 50, 40, 2 dipseys, 100 and 80, and 2 lead core, 3 and 6 colors.

Couldn't buy a hit, zigged in and zagged out, took a hit on a dipsey, but one of our guys 'set the hook', salmon lips....then hit 100 FOW on a due west troll, and picked up a 7-8# king on the port dipsey, 118 back on 3, with an 8" pearl fishcatcher and little boy blue Howie fly.

then, went out to 145 FOW, sun was setting, turned back, and couldn't buy a hit - about 9:30 PM, hit 65 FOW, and took another 7-8# king on the starboard dipsey, 85 out, with a mag glow moonshine purple nurple.

Then, saw one chasing us on the graph, for 4-5 minutes, swimming along with the riggers, so, just before we pulled lines, popped the corner rigger and let it rise, hit immediately - another 7-8# king.

All in all, a beautiful evening, 3 for 4, and had my 2 boys with me, and I let them pull them in...can't seem to upload the pix, will try again....does someone have to trick to uploading pictures?

Jim

AKA - Reel Deal

Good thing you got out last night. This morning was ROUGH. Seen one boat getting pulled in upside down between the arms. Went out to 50 fow and a little north, took one rip on a mag DW Glow Froggy in the 8' waves and quit.

What a beautiful evening on the water! WOW - couldn't be any better, except some hungry fish would have been nice!

Got past the jigger's in the channel entrance, what a crowd! Set lines in 60 FOW at 5:45 PM - 3 DR, 60, 50, 40, 2 dipseys, 100 and 80, and 2 lead core, 3 and 6 colors.

Couldn't buy a hit, zigged in and zagged out, took a hit on a dipsey, but one of our guys 'set the hook', salmon lips....then hit 100 FOW on a due west troll, and picked up a 7-8# king on the port dipsey, 118 back on 3, with an 8" pearl fishcatcher and little boy blue Howie fly.

then, went out to 145 FOW, sun was setting, turned back, and couldn't buy a hit - about 9:30 PM, hit 65 FOW, and took another 7-8# king on the starboard dipsey, 85 out, with a mag glow moonshine purple nurple.

Then, saw one chasing us on the graph, for 4-5 minutes, swimming along with the riggers, so, just before we pulled lines, popped the corner rigger and let it rise, hit immediately - another 7-8# king.

All in all, a beautiful evening, 3 for 4, and had my 2 boys with me, and I let them pull them in...can't seem to upload the pix, will try again....does someone have to trick to uploading pictures?

Jim

AKA - Reel Deal

Nice job Jim.

Mike did a tutorial on loading pics here.

Capsized boat which was upside down was towed into the breakwater by another fisherman and after some delay TOW USA had 2 boats right it and tow it into Muskegon Lake. It was I believe a Bayliner center console about 18 ft or so. We were in front of the channel in 50 FOW when the call went out and I was a bit surprised about the delay before the Coasties were headed out. We saw TOW USA towing the boat in Muskegon Lake go by as we were pulling lines at the sand docks.

We saw many boats smaller than that one out and there was one time we were turning to head back into the channel where other boats were disappearing because of the height of the waves. Very mixed up Fri AM out there and building. Also saw a few guys alone fishing in the bad conditions.

We lost a screamer to a straightened out split ring in the sand docks and had one wiggle off the south light following 2 other boats that landed fish there. Didn't see much acton other than that though. Would have liked to head out to find better fishing but the weather kept us in close.

As you said seeing and hearing about a boat capsizing and 3 guys having to be pulled out makes the skunk in the box minor. Glad to hear the guys made it out OK.

Also heard CG Chopper going by my house later Fri and also heard about them being out around dark Fri searching - not sure what for but a friend said he poked out from the piers Fri dusk and said there were about 6 footers out there. Then they saw the CG Chopper a bit later.

Be safe.