Custom Flies and spoons

Anyone do any of this?

I really want to get into making my own flies, because it could be fun and give me something to do over the winter when I am not steelie fishing.

My wife said she wants to catch a fish on a lure she made.

I would love to sit down for a few hours with someone that knows what they are doing and give me a run down. I would be more then willing to pay for any of the components I use.

Also...

I am looking to paint/airbrush some of my own spoons or get a handful painted. Any Ideas of who to talk too? I have done alot with tapes and such but its just not the same.

Dave

Dave, I have painted a few of my older musky baits but never messed around yet with flies and spoons, I can tell ya it feels great to catch a fish on a bait you doctored up.

I got alot of supplies and odds and ends from this place and was pretty impressed.

http://lurepartsonline.com/cart.html Hope this helps and make sure to post some pics of what you create.

Dave, I started making my own flies last year and have been running them with good success all year. It really is exciting catching fish on one of your own products. There are a number of places that carry fly components. Check out Siggs Rigs, they have a good selection and are a good product.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Mike, I would love to take an afternoon and have you show me the ropes of tying flies. I will buy lunch:)

Not too join un invited, but I would very interested in learning also. I live in Kalamazoo and be more then willing to head your way to learn some fly tying methods. Started fishing 2 years ago and want to learn anything I can.

Not too join un invited, but I would very interested in learning also. I live in Kalamazoo and be more then willing to head your way to learn some fly tying methods. Started fishing 2 years ago and want to learn anything I can.

No problemo Shawn. I'll pm yah my number for you to get ahold.