Little Bay de Noc-August 24th, 2010

dscn0031_edit_2.jpg

Another great day on the bay today, as I had long time clients Denny Gustafson and Jim Lewinski from the Chicago area. Jim "the enticer" Sr. could not make the trip this time, and I'm sure the guys will let him know that he missed out on lots of fun. We got on the water around 6:30 a.m. and it was pretty fast and furious the first two hours of the day, then when the wind really kicked up...the fishing slowed. I was really looking forward to the wind kicking up, because that usually turns the fish on big time and I thought we would have a fantastic day fishing. I'm glad we got out there early, because the later it got, the slower it got. We did manage to get our 15 fish limit of really nice walleyes and we released some beautiful smallies as well. We caught all our fish drifting with floating jig heads tipped with just a small 2 inch piece of night crawler. We called it a day shortly after 1 p.m. and headed back to the fish cleaning shack at the resort. Hopefully the cold front moving through tonight doesn't shut the fish down too much, we'll be back out there tomorrow trying it again. Here's a picture from today's trip, good luck from all of us in the Bay de Noc area.