Wife and I headed out for an evening of fishing around 6PM. Had lines in the water around 7 in 80 FOW. The waves were NOT what NOAA predicted as 0-1', was more like 3-4. We worked an area 90-120FOW. Here is what worked in our program of 4 for 4.

Coyote Blue Dolphin on 300 copper went twice.

Watermelon 70' down on rigger went once

Moonshine Flounder Pounder 80' down on rigger went once right after dark.

All four fish were kings, biggest being 11#

I'm still amazed at the number of boats that close in on me when I'm out all by myself TRYING to stay away from the pack. There is PLENTY of water for everyone to fish guys. SHEESH! :confused:

I was the one everyone went off on about running core. I think you were setting up behind us and went out farther. There was one guy that was by himself setting up and came across our rear and when I told him we had a full core it started the firestorm. As you said we setup with no one around and 20 mins later they all converged on us.

We only managed 1 for 1 - small jack in 85 FOW 105 back on dispy green glo fly big kahuna white FC with spin n glows on it. That one usually produces for us in low light. Hard to believe no other hits for us.....we had all of the usual HOT baits running but no takers.

By the time it was dark we were one of the few north. For some reason they don't like what I have been putting down. Running out of trips for this year - going to camp on the Betsie Labor Day weekend - either Frankfort or Manistee for 1 or 2 trips - have not decided yet. Maybe Platte Bay if weather cooperates.

Will be out Fri AM and possibly Sat AM out of Muskegon for my last gasp. Need the temps to change to make something happen. I've been out of the zone all season it seems. Only had one good trip 5 for 9 and after that I don't think we have had 9 hits total in 4 or 5 trips since.

Nice job Gary.

I always tried to stay away from the pack. For some reason, you and another boat can be the only boat on the lake, and for some reason, they end up in your hip pocket. :confused:

I usually put in at 4:00 am and am the only boat on the lake by 5:00 am I am dragging balls because I am surrounded by boats and have been forced into too shallow of water. It either goes that way or I have a fish on and someone is about to run over my line. it seems like every weekend I have the boat with 4 guys in it and nobody is driving the boat. It is coming right at you and it cuts you off no matter which way you turn. Last weekend parachute boy cut in front of my boat twice 30 feet off of the bow just to mess with me throwing a big wake. I do not mess with parachute boy and next time he messes with me I think that I will call the DNR.

She got quite the rise out of the crowd didn't she.......

It got to the point where we almost shut off the radio due to the crazy chatter. I was about ready to dub the radio drama "as the fish jumps" on the soap channel. "My ex has good equipment but I'd rather he was dead" was one of the comments that caught our attention - I think that one came from another lady though.

There must not have been enough rods going off when you get that kind of dribble on the radio.

Unfortunately we did not get any core hits so we could brag and start the explosion of core haters again! Some guys just do not have any manners.

Hopefully we can get into them next time out.

Good to here a report form you. Hope all is well. I have been keeping busy at Porter----must have nearly 1000 hours so far this year---very funny.

Went fishing on Saturday went 9 for 14 after the lake calmed down. 5 lakers (one at 13 pounds) 1 coho, and the rest kings. 6:00 AM was ~ 8 Ft out of Saugatuk. 10:00 the lake was down to ~4 Foot and calming. All fish came on fly flasher combos. The shoot took 4 or 5 at 100 to 120 down. Fished 90 to 180. More fish in 90.

Nice job Water_ratz on the fish. I really like my 150 ft coppers this time of year although there is no reason for boats to cut behind someone very close, even when it's crowded. If I'm running core and need to go in front of someone to get in or out, I crank them in and deal with it on my boat. I never cut behind others. I would rather get away of the pack and there should never be anyone wining about core when offshore but it happens there too sometimes. Oh well, that's late August and Labor Day weekend on Lk Mich. I like the month of July the best.

hey mojo dont feel like the lone ranger.it seems that every trip out latley someone comes up behind me and trys taking my stuff.had a boat off grand haven tues do it twice.this was out in 90fow and we were pretty much by ourselves there. im smart enough not to run cores in close or a pack.twice i had to give him a ear full on the radio,got his boat name on way home as we were headed home. guess i should put on my thick skin as its weekend warrior time.tite lines.