Who Would Be Interested

GLF

I am thinking about putting together a 3 man tournament. This will be the only one I put on this year. There will be a $50 entry fee to enter the tourney, and an optional $5 big fish fee.

You have to have 3 people in the boat, no less, no more.

Only 9 fish will be allowed to be weighed in.

If enough people are interested, I will pursue it further.

There is a possibility that I could be interested if the boss aproves of such activities. However, the question I have is why is it limited to 3 people? why can't you have four in the boat but only are able to keep the first 9 fish or only keep a 3man dnr ticket and weigh your best 9 fish? Limit it to 9 rods yaddi yaddi yaddi....

Just curious. I now a lot of times for tourneys I like to fish with my wife...and we often try to get another couple to fish with us.

Just asking though...if there is good reason for only 3 peeps then so be it...

-Jim

I am thinking about putting together a 3 man tournament. This will be the only one I put on this year. There will be a $50 entry fee to enter the tourney, and an optional $5 big fish fee.

You have to have 3 people in the boat, no less, no more.

Only 9 fish will be allowed to be weighed in.

If enough people are interested, I will pursue it further.

There is a possibility that I could be interested if the boss aproves of such activities. However, the question I have is why is it limited to 3 people? why can't you have four in the boat but only are able to keep the first 9 fish or only keep a 3man dnr ticket and weigh your best 9 fish? Limit it to 9 rods yaddi yaddi yaddi....

Just curious. I now a lot of times for tourneys I like to fish with my wife...and we often try to get another couple to fish with us.

Just asking though...if there is good reason for only 3 peeps then so be it...

-Jim

This keeps things even all accross the board. There is an unfair advantage having a 4th person in the boat. If you have a double or a triple on, there is an extra body in the boat to net fish or steer the boat.

Mike you can count me in. However three man teams on the big pond is tough. most boats run minimum of 4 guys unless tournement officials assign a observer. in most big pond tournements you will have two guys working the back of the boat. and one driving and one observer. You can look at rules of other tounements to get an idea. such as the blue water salmon classic, the fish kinkarde salmon durby or the pizza hut off shore challenge they run in a tri port tournement in new buffalo,st. joe , and southaven in that order on back to back weekends. if you want more info give me a shout ?

Joe: boat name (silver one).

• 2 weeks later...

I have scrapped the idea of putting on a tournament. I am seeing the hassle that Rich is going through with the lures only or cut bait issue. People need to except the rules of the tournament director and go with it.

Mike,

Sorry to see you give it up. I would just like to say that everyone may have an opinion on tourney issues but if you are just looking to get a few boats out for a good time and have some fun then just post it up! No need to make it so complicated. If ya want 3 in a boat make it so. If ya want all methods of baits/lures make it so. If ya want to limit the number of rods make it so. I believe most of us are in it for the enjoyment of the activity and for those who choose to be big tourney players with lots of stipulations then they may not want to play!

Someone once said "Keep it simple Stupid";)

Lets go fish!

Rick

Mike,

Don't give up your tournament just because I put on a vote over some isue on tournaments. All it was was just a posting that I had been thinking about for sometime. What you think I was going to do, stop all the big tournaments to use cut bait. Man you must think Im bigger than the pres. :D

Caznik

Trying to find a date that does not conflict with the other league dates and other big tourney's is what makes it hard. There are only a few weekends that are available early in the spring/early summer.

Mike,

If you cannot find a date maybe we can work something out on one of my tournament dates together. Probly the better place to run a tournament that we all can get together and have a cook out and talk more would be at Muskegon. We can use everyone in the league and plus more if they like to join us that day to. I think everyone in the league would go with this just for one time.This will still count for the August league day tournament and I would have to keep the points for everyone. We will have to get together and make up some rules together so I can let everyone in the league know way ahead. Just think about it.

Just trying to help a friend out,

Rich

I am at a camp grounds that has plenty of space for an outing.

It has a large building for the weight in and cook out and resonable rates on camping for those that want to spend the nite.Since it is located on US 31 half way between Ludington and Manistee it could possible be a port of your choice tournanment.If this would work let me know.

Larry

• 3 weeks later...