fun fishing tournament in Port Sanilac?

Was wondering what you guys that fish the Port Sanilac area would think about a fun fishing tournament. Kinda like the ones where you pay, in example, 25 or 50 bucks per boat and you get a ticket. Then for every fish you catch you get an additional ticket. At the end of the tournament, winner is drawn from the tickets. 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. The entry fee per boat needs to be low enough so people can afford it. I could talk to the guys that own the bait shop in Port Sanilac as I'm sure they would be interested in maybe being the moderators of the tournament and take care of the checking of fish the tickets and the drawing portion. They're new in town, so a little added business would be welcome for them. Drop a post and we'll see how many are interested. Maybe this fall for the king run so even the small boats could get in on it close to shore. Any input would be appreciated!:thumb:

I'm stopping into Port Sanilac Bait and Sporting Good next weekend and we're going to hammer this thing out. Will post when I have all the details. We're looking at the 1st weekend in October. Should be just in time for the king run so the smaller boats can get in on it too and not have to run offshore very far.

will do guys I was hoping to have a few people to show interest in this thing before we really set out to do it. Those guys are an awesome bunch in the bait store. Port Sanilac really needed a bait store and I was so glad when they told me they were going to do this. Like to see them really get going and succeed. We also need a little fun competition on this side of the state. Why should Lake Michigan have all the fun, we've got fish to catch too. Hoping next year we can do a few more fun tournaments and maybe a bigger, formal tournament, also.