Really been hampered by winds all week. My crew this week was my family and 7 and 9 yrs olds girls. We didn't fish Mon to Thurs-rough seas every morning. I would have been out with my buddies but not with them. Finally got out today. Ripping winds again but enough southeast to make it more fishable on the bank in close. We had an awesome morning flurry with a triple, ended up 5 for 6, all nice kings. Our action died in close at sun up and we normally would take a west troll into late morning, not today with the 20-25 knot SE winds. My oldest girl Olivia landed 3 nice kings and is graduating to handling the rods by herself. One proud dad here:D. It's raging winds and heavy rain right now as storms pass through. Tomorrows forecast....well...pretty much sucks. Hope we get on the water some more this weekend.

Sorry to hear that Ed. Ive been watching the forcast and know its been bad all week long. I opted out of coming this weekend with Saturdays forcast. Tired of wasting time and money for a couple fish and a pounding over there. Hopefully next weekend will be decent, would love to get out there myself.

Buddy Dave took a charter on Thursday and they fished the 59-04's, not sure on depth, but took 9 before getting blown off the lake. Sounds like dipseys and riggers with plugs were happening.

I'm heading up to manistee here in a bit. Going to fish the peir tonight and tommorow hopefully. The water is still too warm and the wind isn't right but I need to go fishing. It's been a loooong hot busy summer and I need a brake from it! If its too windy I'll head up river and see if I can find some trouts.

Wish me luck. And good luck to anyone else heading out. No matter what happens it beats work :thumb: